VIP Lounge Bartender
- Employment Type
- Food & Beverage, Hospitality
Job Title: VIP Bartender
Status: Full Time
In addition, we are offering you a $600 referral bonus for every friend/family that you bring after you start.
Luxury matched only by the sublime beauty of the Colorado Rockies awaits you in our all new ULTIMATE resort. Experience everything that surrounds our beautiful location in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, including world-class skiing, fishing and horseback riding.
Epicurean adventures await at the all new restaurants inside Monarch Casino Resort Spa. The chef-driven menu at Monarch Chophouse features the finest steaks, seafood, and craft cocktails in four-star luxury. Indulge any time of the day at Twenty-Four 7 serving American and Asian fare. Light up your senses with exquisite flavors and cuisine from all corners of the globe at The Buffet. All new Bistro restaurant. Unwind from a long day in one of our multiple bars and lounges, with live music at our Cabaret bar every Monday and Tuesday.
There are many great advantages to work in our restaurants:
- Free Hot Meal per shift
- Non-smoking environment
- Subsidized transportation
- Working in and around the various restaurants and the casino floor
- Advancement opportunities
VIP Lounge bartender/ servers are responsible for ensuring prompt and courteous service to all guests at all times. Including but not limited to greeting and communicating with all guests in friendly and courteous manner. Additionally, VIP Lounge bartender/ servers are responsible for mixing and serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for all guests in the VIP lounge.
- Greet and communicate with all guests in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Ensure prompt expedient and courteous service to all guests at all times.
- Smile and show genuine interest in the guests’ needs or questions and always attempt to accommodate any reasonable request.
- Receive and understand beverage orders and repeat them back to the guest for accuracy.
- Maintain an updated knowledge of the brands of beer, wine and liquors being offered for consumption.
- Know the ingredients to the most commonly asked for cocktails and specialty drinks, the garnishes they require, the proper glassware for them and the current prices.
- Properly mix and prepare the drinks, set for presentation and serve the desired alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages as requested by the guest.
- Adhere to, enforce and practice all alcoholic beverage laws, policies, and regulations.
- Circulates through the assigned lounge area on a continuous basis to provide superior guest service.
- Contact the Beverage Manager/Supervisor on duty for any guest related issues, if unable to assist in finding an agreeable solution to the defined issue.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment, free of dirty glassware, beer bottles and dispose of other trash or waste.
- Abide by the established standards for health, safety and continual side work duties.
- Operate the established POS systems by following correct ordering procedures, identifying the correct drinks provided and that the approved comping procedures are followed, when applicable.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Previous bartender/ server experience required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Colorado Support Gaming License. Must obtain an alcohol card (ServSafe or TIPS) Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Ability to stand/walk for duration of 8-10 hr shift.
- Must have basic math/cash handling skills
- Must maintain accurate and proper comp and cash handling procedures in accordance with department policies. Must be able to lift and maneuver heavy items (i.e. cases of alcohol)
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 2 Weeks PTO within your first year of employment
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 1 Free Hot Meal per shift and Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
- 80% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options – most GRAVE positions 100% Subsidized
- Free Covered Parking
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms and Dry Cleaning Provided Free of Charge for most positions
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit, vacation trips and more!)
- Team Member Hotel, Retail, and Spa Discounts
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch, we subsidize your bus transportation from 80% up to 100%!
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Resort Spa does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.