Bistro Mariposa Server - up to $500 in tips p/shift
- Employment Type
- Food & Beverage, Hospitality
Job Title: Bistro Mariposa Server
Salary: $9.54 + up to $500 in tips per shift
Status: Full Time
In addition, we are offering you a $600 referral bonus for every friend/family that you bring after you start.
Bistro Mariposa is about to change everything about dining in Black Hawk. This fresh, innovative concept is an alchemy of flavors designed to take diners on a taste adventure. We’ve paired the best, freshest, and most adventurous flavors of southwestern Baja cuisine together with the finest high-end tequilas and Colorado craft brews to create a menu unlike anything around. Take your taste buds on a tour of Baja during your next visit to Monarch Casino Resort Spa.
There are many great advantages to work in our restaurants:
- Free Hot Meal per shift
- Non-smoking environment
- Subsidized transportation
- Working in and around the various restaurants and the casino floor
- Work with Elevated ingredients
- Advancement opportunities
This person will contribute to our success by being passionate about food and service, and thoroughly enjoy creating excellent experience for our guests. The ideal candidate will have a friendly, outgoing disposition, and previous experience working as a food server in a bustling, fast pace restaurant setting.
- Greets guests warmly, directs them to their tables and serves them drinks
- Take beverage orders and enter them into our system in a timely fashion
- Memorize our food and beverage items and make recommendations to guests
- Provide superior service to guests by refilling drinks as needed and checking on them during meals
- Promptly address guests concerns or issues and escalate guests to management when necessary
- Follow emergency safety procedures and alcohol awareness procedures
- Maintain cleanliness and organization in the restaurant
- Clear and set tables as needed in a timely fashion
- Complete side work assignments as needed or as scheduled
- Other duties as assigned
- Must possess excellent guest service and communication skills with the ability to deal with guests
- Ability to speak and write English
- Ability to communicate information through spoken words and sentences that others will understand
- Ability to read and understand information and instructions presented in writing.
- Ability to keep up in a fast-paced work environment
- Knowledge of food service regulations preferred
- Must be able to stand for duration of shift
- Must be able to bend, stoop and continuously use hands
- Ability to push and pull up to 25lbs pounds and occasionally up to 45lbs
- Ability to work all shifts including weekends and holidays when needed
- Successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen
- Must be at least 18 years of age
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 2 Weeks PTO at your first-year anniversary of employment
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 1 Free Hot Meal per shift and Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
- 80% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options
- Free Covered Parking
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms and Dry Cleaning Provided Free of Charge for most positions
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit, vacation trips and more!)
- Team Member Hotel, Retail and Spa Discounts
Save your gas and mileage on your car! Check out these convenient casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch, we subsidize your bus transportation up to 80%!
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Resort Spa does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.