Steakhouse Captain 3rd Shift
- Employment Type
- Food & Beverage, Leadership
Monarch Casino Resort Spa in Black Hawk, Colorado is opening a brand new expansion that will have over 500 luxurious rooms, 4 delectable restaurants, and a full service spa/salon, all of which is opening soon!
Our restaurants will feature a Chophouse, 24/7 Café, Specialty Restaurant, and Buffet. Our spa will feature state of the art spa services on top of the 23rd story of our resort along with a roof top pool, sauna’s, hot tubs and more!
Now hiring bold, motivated, team-focused individuals!
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) Will Enjoy:
- Hiring Bonus
- Team Member Referral Program
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedules
- 1 Free Meal per Shift
- Subsidized Transportation Options
- Free Parking
- Team Member Anniversary Program and Recognition
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) also enjoy:
- 1 week of PTO at 6 months and a 2nd week at 1 year
- 6 Observed Holidays
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability)
- 401k with company match
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- In-State and Out-of-State Relocation Assistance Programs
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch you can ride the casino bus for only $4-$6 per day!
- Must have minimum experience for tableside cooking.
- Oversee end of the night close down side work.
- Assist Team Members in wine and food service.
- Keeps communication flowing between front and back of the house to ensure proper timing of food delivery.
- Maintain positive guest relations to ensure that a positive dining experience is delivered by the Team Members.
- Must have time management skills to ensure food is prepared and served in a timely manner.
- Decrease expense through proper handling of product.
- Increase revenue through suggestive up-sell.
- Work with Maitre’d to oversee proper sequence of service from Team Members
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned service area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of restaurant and bar operations, including food, beverage, supervision, service techniques and guest service.
- Must have ServSafe Certification.
- Previous experience in a food environment in front or back of the house.
- Time management skills are required.
- Must have Wine knowledge to assist our guests.
- Tableside cooking.
- Knowledge of menu items including ingredients and preparation.
- Must have a Friendly and outgoing personality.
- Must be able to multi-task in a high volume, high stress environment while exceeding guest expectations.
- Must have and maintain professional demeanor.
- Knowledge of the principles and processes for providing excellent guest service.
- Ensures the guest have a positive experience.
- Ability to comply with policy and procedure.
- Knowledge and skills to explain product and make suggestions for improvement.
- Ability to take action frequently, collaborate with Team Members and develop new ideas.
- Learn and focus on the Eight Simple Principles for a Great Guest Experience and the Monarch Chophouse Fourteen Basics as well as Monarch Chophouse Service Cycle and Key Moments.
- Provide information and explain Players’ Club benefits, property amenities and marketing promotions as well as local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Food and beverage product knowledge.
- Handle guest issues by using LAST Principle.
- Decrease operational cost by reducing waste and working smart.
- Observe and obtain information needed to enhance the overall quality o f service from relevant sources.
- Assess the value and Importance of products and guests needs to maintain high standards of quality.
- Promote Teamwork and motivate high performance from Team Members.
- Expected to come in to work on time and ready to work.
- Expected to follow Monarch Appearance Standards
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.