Job Title: Sportsbook Manager
Salary: $75,000 +
Status: Full Time
In addition, we are offering you a $600 referral bonus for every friend/family that you bring after you start.
There are many great advantages to work in our Sportsbook department:
- Free Hot Meal per shift
- Non-smoking environment
- Subsidized transportation
- Flexible Schedules
- Not a desk job
- Opportunity to mingle with guests and team members
- Career Advancement
The Sports Book Manager, as with all members of the Monarch Casino Resort Spa Team, provides excellent guest service to all Team Members, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner which demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity, and exercises confidentiality in the appropriate areas of his/her performance. The incumbent shares in the Monarch Casino Resort Spa support of the company’s Vision, Mission, Values, and consistently performs all functions in a fashion that inspires and motivates others to actively pursue them. As part of the leadership team, role models the expected behaviors of service, positive attitude, cooperation and accountability. Engenders trust in others and develops credible relationships at all levels.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for all operational aspects of the Sportsbook and Keno department.
- Develop strategic plan to increase revenue and market share.
- Develop and maintain a proactive mobile account sign-up program.
- In conjunction with casino leadership, participate in managing player tracking and making player reinvestment decisions.
- Working with corporate Sportsbook department, recommend new wagers based on local trends and competitive environment.
- Hire, schedule, train and lead Sportsbook and keno service agents.
- Assist guests with the installation and operation of the mobile application and SSBT.
- Take ownership of and handle any guest concerns quickly and effectively.
- Manage multiple areas simultaneously and unassisted.
- Identify suspicious activities and wagering behavior and report to compliance personnel.
- Ability to explain sports wagering procedures to novice bettors.
- Must have a working knowledge of sports wagering house rules.
- Must possess knowledge of all Colorado Sports Wagering Regulations and Internal Controls.
- Communicate and promote all marketing programs, casino promotions and other property information.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
TECHNICAL/PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE (Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience)
- Minimum of 2 years’ Sportsbook experience. Preferably have working knowledge of Keno.
- Minimum of 2 years’ management experience in a casino environment.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in customer service positions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, college degree preferred.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Key License with the Colorado Division of Gaming.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
- Ability to obtain a Key Gaming License in the State of Colorado required.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with ethical integrity; Upholds organizational values.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Inspires respect and trust; Accepts feedback from others; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates; Gives appropriate recognition to others; Displays passion and optimism; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments. Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
The incumbent in this position works on-site at the casino and interfaces with external/internal customers, Team Members, and vendors on a regular basis. The position’s work schedule varies and includes Saturday/Sunday/Holidays and evening work depending on the needs of the operation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 2 Weeks PTO at your first-year anniversary of employment
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 1 Free Hot Meal per shift and Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
- 80% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options
- Free Covered Parking
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms and Dry Cleaning Provided Free of Charge for most positions
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit, vacation trips and more!)
- Team Member Hotel, Retail and Spa Discounts
Save your gas and mileage on your car! Check out these convenient casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch, we subsidize your bus transportation up to 80%!
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Resort Spa does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.