Sportsbook/Keno Ticket Writer Lead $20 Tips
Job Title: Sports Book Writer Lead
Salary: $20.00 + Tips
Status: Full Time
In addition, we are offering you a $600 referral bonus for every friend/family that you bring after you start.
There are many great advantages to work in our Sportsbook department:
- Free Hot Meal per shift
- Non-smoking environment
- Subsidized transportation
- Flexible Schedules
- Not a desk job
- Opportunity to mingle with guests and team members
- Career Advancement
Do you have a passion for sports? Then join our Sportsbook Team! We have an immediate opening for a Sportsbook Ticket Writer Lead. The Lead Ticket Writer is responsible for providing quick and accurate ticket writing service to the guests of the Sportsbook in accordance with all Colorado Gaming Regulations. Ability to write tickets correctly on computerized system. Greet all guests professionally (by name if known).Ideal candidates will have excellent cash handling skills and ability to balance a cash drawer on a daily basis. Team player- willing to help out when/where needed to ensure the best possible product/experience for all guests
This position requires exceptional guest service skills. Ideal applicant must be able to interact with guests, answer questions, and provide general information about the Sportsbook betting process. Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and remain calm under pressure. Previous cash handling and Sportsbook experience preferred. Must have ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- Excellent cash-handling skills - able to balance cash drawer on a daily basis
- Friendly/outgoing personality - able to greet all guests in a positive manner
- Appearance/Attendance - ready/able to work at start of scheduled shift, dressed in appropriate attire
- Ensure Sports Book is presentable to the public at all times
- Team player - willing to help out when/where needed to ensure the best possible product/experience for all guests.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures - exceed the company standard.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Able to obtain and maintain a Colorado Support Gaming License
- Ability to uphold the highest level of confidentiality
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English
- Ability to communicate information through spoken words and sentences that others will understand in a positive manner.
- Ability to complete assessments accurately and timely
- Proficient with 10-keyBasic to Intermediate
- computer knowledge and experience required
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of audits performed
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Be able to upsell the keno tickets including the multi race to help game speed
- Be able to consistently help maintain game speed (10 games an hour)
- Maintain the accuracy when writing and making money exchange
- Strong general mathematical skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Must have the ability to stand for duration of shift
- Must be able to bend, stoop and continuously use hands
- Successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 2 Weeks PTO at your first-year anniversary of employment
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 1 Free Hot Meal per shift and Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
- 80% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options
- Free Covered Parking
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms and Dry Cleaning Provided Free of Charge for most positions
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit, vacation trips and more!)
- Team Member Hotel, Retail and Spa Discounts
Save your gas and mileage on your car! Check out these convenient casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch, we subsidize your bus transportation up to 80%!
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Resort Spa does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.