Spa Technician/Therapist 2nd Shift ($14.00)
- Employment Type
Monarch Casino Resort Spa in Black Hawk, Colorado is opening a brand new expansion that will have over 500 luxurious rooms, 4 delectable restaurants, and a full service spa/salon, all of which is opening soon!
Our restaurants will feature a Chophouse, 24/7 Café, Specialty Restaurant, and Buffet. Our spa will feature state of the art spa services on top of the 23rd story of our resort along with a roof top pool, sauna’s, hot tubs and more!
Now hiring bold, motivated, team-focused individuals!
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) Will Enjoy:
- Hiring Bonus
- Team Member Referral Program
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedules
- 1 Free Meal per Shift
- Subsidized Transportation Options
- Free Parking
- Team Member Anniversary Program and Recognition
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) also enjoy:
- 1 week of PTO at 6 months and a 2nd week at 1 year
- 6 Observed Holidays
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability)
- 401k with company match
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- In-State and Out-of-State Relocation Assistance Programs
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch you can ride the casino bus for only $4-$6 per day!
Responsible for providing all types of massage and body treatments offered at the Monarch Casino Hotel Resort Spa. All treatments must be done in an efficient, courteous, and professional manner.
Reports to the Spa Manager and the Spa Supervisor.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide massage and body treatments to guests using professional accepted techniques—upgrading any treatments when possible as outlined in the SOP.
- Assess guest needs and inquire about any health issues (contraindications) before beginning service.
- Set up treatment room with necessary equipment and supplies to ensure guest comfort and safety throughout service as outlined in the provider checklist.
- Maintain cleanliness of treatment room throughout shift—stocking room at end of shift with linens, towels, etc. as outlined in the provider checklist.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance is clean and professional as outlined in the SOP.
- Follow all company policies and procedures maintaining confidentiality of proprietary information as outlined in the SOP.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals.
- Must be knowledgeable of daily “stand-ups” and actively participate in daily goals.
- Must participate in computer based learning and implement these skills into the workplace.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent Customer Service Skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of various massages and therapies.
- Knowledge of rubbing compounds and oils used in massages
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
- High School Diploma, GED certification or equivalent
- The following license and/or certifications are required prior to employment start date:
- State of Colorado Therapist License.
- Two (2) years massage therapist experience.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background investigation.
- Will require a post-offer, pre-employment and random drug screening.
- Duties may involve walking, standing for long periods of time and sitting.
- Specific required movements include the following:
- Trunk- bend, twist, rotate, push, pull, carry.
- Arms – reach, carry, lift, twist, and rotate.
- Legs – lift, push, pull, twist, and rotate.
- Hands – Grasp, manipulate bilateral coordination, hand and eye coordination, and overall and finger dexterity
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.