- Employment Type
- Hospitality, Leadership, Spa/Salon
Monarch Casino Resort Spa in Black Hawk, Colorado is opening a brand new expansion that will have over 500 luxurious rooms, 4 delectable restaurants, and a full service spa/salon, all of which is opening soon!
Our restaurants will feature a Chophouse, 24/7 Café, Specialty Restaurant, and Buffet. Our spa will feature state of the art spa services on top of the 23rd story of our resort along with a roof top pool, sauna’s, hot tubs and more!
Now hiring bold, motivated, team-focused individuals!
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) Will Enjoy:
- Hiring Bonus
- Team Member Referral Program
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedules
- 1 Free Meal per Shift
- Subsidized Transportation Options
- Free Parking
- Team Member Anniversary Program and Recognition
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) also enjoy:
- 1 week of PTO at 6 months and a 2nd week at 1 year
- 6 Observed Holidays
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability)
- 401k with company match
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- In-State and Out-of-State Relocation Assistance Programs
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch you can ride the casino bus for only $4-$6 per day!
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Manager of Spa/Salon to provide leadership for our world-class spa brand new spa!
The successful candidate will be responsible for directing, managing, providing strategic leadership and direction to the spa/salon operations. Additional responsibilities will include develop, implement, and enforce all company and departmental policies and procedures as well as standards of quality and performance. Maximize revenues and control costs of spa/salon operations. Supervise the planning and scheduling of management work assignments and performance development. Ensure effective operations of the spa/salon at all times.
Ideal candidate must possess exceptional people skills, have a passion for guest service, eye for creativity, innovation, attention to detail, and strong operational experience. The candidate must be proficient in staff management and training, be exceptionally goal oriented, and knowledgeable of current spa and salon treatments and trends. Computer proficiency is required. Bachelor's degree preferred, but commensurate experience is acceptable.
Core Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain standard work schedule based upon spa/salon location needs
- Develop and maximize the spa/salon schedule, including front desk, service specialists, coverage of time off, and overtime
- Run spa/salon events and head new client acquisition for assigned spa/salon location
- Maintain and manage a high level of guest service, and ensuring that all spa/salon team members are upholding brand standards for guest service
- Contribute to social media content in coordination with Marketing and Sales departments
- Oversee spa/salon teams’ execution of all spa/salon processes, ensuring accuracy, effectiveness and efficiency
- Provide regular process coaching and error correction to spa/salon teams, using disciplinary action when needed
- Communicate process feedback up to Director of Hotel and internal departments
- Communicate and train spa/salon team members on process changes and developments, ensuring their full understanding
- Ensure spa/salon location is meeting revenue goals, providing coaching and insight as needed to spa/salon team members; Drive Product, Package sales and number of services
- Manage established budgets for: Inventory (COGS, general spa/salon supply), Scheduling (specialist and front desk), Client Experience (experience discounts), Repairs & Maintenance (utilities)
- Manage growth and development of all spa/salon team members; regularly work on spa/salon scorecards and performance points; regularly check in on their team members’ growth to understand promotion pipeline and overall team health; perform quarterly performance reviews with spa/salon team members
- Maintain the spa/salon space to company standards
- Follow and manage all spa/salon operational procedures
- Submit payroll for processing at regular intervals
- Manage inventory process
- Attend all Manager training courses; Attend daily, weekly and monthly skype/conference calls
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience as a manager in a spa/salon
- Schedule flexibility with the ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention-to-detail
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to multi-task and jump from item to item with ease
- Ability to thrive under pressure and sometimes “put out fires” that arise in the spa/salon
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.