Job Title: Sommelier
Salary: $80,000 +
Status: Full Time
There are many great advantages to work in Food & Beverage:
- Free Hot Meal per shift
- Non-smoking environment
- Subsidized transportation
- Working in and around the various restaurants and the casino floor
- Work with Elevated ingredients
- Advancement opportunities
* Manages the daily activities necessary for maintenance and promotion of the organization's wine collection.
* Identifies and purchases wines for the organization.
* Monitors the conditions of the wine cellar, ensuring optimal storage.
* Works with the culinary team to develop food and wine pairings.
* Greets and communicates with all guests in a friendly and courteous manner, using their names whenever possible.
* Increase revenue by Training Team Members to up-sell, and other suggestive procedures.
* Decrease expenses through proper handling of product, and other suggestive procedures.
* Ensure prompt and friendly service at all times. Smile and show genuine interest in the guests’ needs and always accommodate any reasonable request.
* Circulate through the assigned area, recommends and serves wine to guests.
* Promotes training modules for the wait staff.
* Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
* Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
* Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
* Leads and directs the work of others.
* A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
* Have a strong understanding of the inventory and inventory controls.
* Follow and practice all alcoholic beverage laws, policies and regulations.
* Maintain a clean and safe work area and a clean section at all times, free from dirty glassware and bottles.
* Superior communication skills, both oral and written.
* Must be able to work nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed.
* Hire and train Team Members if needed.
* Coach and discipline when needed.* Perform all other duties as assigned.
* The ability to describe wine products in a way that is pleasant and attractive.
* The experience of working with a broad set of clientele and the ability to understand their different wine tastes and preferences.
* A good knowledge of the products and regions represented by our wine program.
* Understands wine lists that are truly international in scope and content.
* Microsoft Office and Micros.
* Operate POS system for correct ordering procedures and provide correct charge when applicable.
* Have the ability to utilize the Stratton-Warren system for ordering and product transfers.
* May require an associate's degree or its equivalent.
* At least 3 years of experience in the field or in a related area and fine dining experience.
* May possess or be working towards a recognized Sommelier Certification Course.
* Exceed the expectations of our guests through knowledge, integrity and service.
* Aspiring to 'break the mold' of standard wine service and become far and away the industry leader in wine friendly outlets.
* Proudly representing and working with wine makers who articulate strong regional characteristics and outstanding quality in their products, thus providing our guests with a diverse and select portfolio of premium wines.
* Thorough knowledge of beverage service, spirits, wine product and outstanding service.
* Know the brands of beer, wine, and liquors offered for consumption, as well as the ingredients to the most commonly asked for cocktails and specialty drinks, the garnishes they require, the proper glassware, and price.
* Watch for signs of intoxication for the protection and enjoyment of the guest.
* Communicate and interact with Director, Beverage Manager/Supervisor, and Team Members.
* Perform and document physical inventory counts.
* Provide a timely response to requests for information and reports regarding the department and the position.
* Adhere to all grooming standards.
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- Paid Time Off
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 1 Free Hot Meal per shift and Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
- 80% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options
- Free Covered Parking
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms and Dry Cleaning Provided Free of Charge for most positions
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit, vacation trips and more!)
- Team Member Hotel, Retail and Spa Discounts
Save your gas and mileage on your car! Check out these convenient casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com.
As a Team Member of Monarch, we subsidize your bus transportation up to 80%!
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Resort Spa does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 18438