Job Title: Controller Finance
Status: Full Time
There are many great advantages to work in our accounting department:
- Day shift and consistent schedules
- Free Hot Meal per shift
- Non-smoking environment
- Subsidized transportation
- Advancement opportunities
The Sr Controller is responsible for Finance, Revenue Audit, Drop/Count, and Cage; ensuring each department has adequate equipment, training, and support needed to operate effectively and efficiently.
- Oversee daily casino accounting functions as it pertains to gaming operations.
- Responsible for gaming documents records retention program.
- Oversee all regulatory compliance requirements outlined in Colorado gaming regulations.
- Oversee the preparation and control of records and data, the control of unused forms, the accounting for comparison of the cashiers’ cage areas and count room.
- Enforce casino regulatory rules and regulations and casino internal and accounting controls in order to safeguard company assets.
- Handle customer service and employee related problems with composure and professionalism.
- Monitor business demands and recommends necessary scheduling and staffing adjustments.
- Review departmental expenses in Cage, Revenue Audit and Count Room departments ensuring that the departments adhere to the budget.
- Supervise day-to-day activities for Revenue Audit, Cage and Count Room; provides training, planning, assigning and directing work; interviews and hires; appraises performance, rewards, and disciplines employees; corrects and approves timecards, schedules time off, and posts shift bids; and addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- Ensure and maintains a system of internal controls for all Cage, Drop/Count, Revenue Audit and administrative controls as related to employees, policies and procedures.
- Contribute to departmental effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues and goals, recommending courses of actions, and implementing directives.
- Oversee all Title 31 regulatory requirements including but not limited to filing CTRs, SARs and assisting in maintaining/updating the AML compliance program.Perform a financial statement review for Cage, Drop/Count, and Revenue Audit departments monthly to compare actual general ledger balances to budget on a Month-to-Date, Year-To-Date, and Prior Year basis. All variances will be investigated and appropriately communicated based on the materiality. Assist in coordinating activities with external and internal auditors, as needed; ensures all requested financial close and related information is done accurately and timely.
- Conduct annual department evaluation and assessments of department components and staff according to established policies, procedures, and regulations for the Cage, Revenue Audit and the Drop/Count Team.Attend and satisfactorily completes all required training as assigned and required.
- Promote positive public and team member relations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimal, and work with mathematical such as probability and inference.
- Ability to create, read and analyze spread sheets of statistical data.
- Ability to decipher various reports and maintains reports upon request.
- Due to the unpredictable nature of the hospitality/entertainment industry,employees must be able to work varying schedules to reflect the business needsof the property.
- Minimum 5 year of finance work experience including cage operations, drop/count operations and revenue audit
- Minimum 5 years finance management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting /Finance or equivalent
- Ability to obtain a Colorado Division if Gaming Key License
- Computer Proficiency and ability to learn specialized software
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- Paid Time Off.
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 1 Free Hot Meal per shift and Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
- 80% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options
- Free Covered Parking
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms and Dry Cleaning Provided Free of Charge for most positions
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit, vacation trips and more!)
- Team Member Hotel, Retail and Spa Discounts
Save your gas and mileage on your car! Check out these convenient casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com. As a Team Member of Monarch, we subsidize your bus transportation up to 80%!
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Resort Spa does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.