Security Officer Unarmed $18.50 - $20.50 + sign-on & referral bonuses
- Employment Type
- Casino, Hospitality, Security/Surveillance
Job Title: Security Officer Unarmed
Salary/Shift: $18.50 Days/Swings: $20.50: Nights/Grave
Status: Full Time
Live and work where you vacation! Earn extra cash for the Holidays!
We are offering $400 sign-on + up to $2,000 for each referral that starts by December 7th.
Luxury matched only by the sublime beauty of the Colorado Rockies awaits you in our all new ULTIMATE resort. Experience everything that surrounds our beautiful location in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, including world-class skiing, fishing and horseback riding.
Monarch’s ultimate resort features a Chophouse, 24/7 Café, Buffet, and Bistro Restaurant (coming soon). Experience the heart-pounding gaming action on our newly-expanded casino floor, featuring over 1,200 of the hottest slot machines, 40 table games including: black jack, Pai Gow, roulette, and baccarat with unlimited betting; a new poker room and sports betting room coming soon. On our 23rd floor experience breath taking panoramic mountain views in our Spa, Fitness Center, and Pool.
- This position is ideal for someone who likes interacting with members of the public and being involved in a wide variety of the tasks to that keep the gaming floor and casino running.
- Ideal for someone who wants an introduction to the industry but is not sure in what area.
- Day, Evening, and Grave Yard shifts available working around your life schedule.
- Advancement opportunities.
- Conducts regular ID checks on the Monarch Black Hawk property to ensure all guests who are on property are at least 21 years of age.
- Provide the highest level of Guest Service at all times.
- Greet all guests, Team Members and vendors in a positive friendly manner.
- Provide security and protection for guests, team members, property, and assets.
- Handles all monetary transactions between Guest Services and Table Games/Slots when needed.
- Maintains physical surveillance of the Monarch Black Hawk property.
- Prepares detailed and accurate reports on any security or medical related incidents that occurs during scheduled shift.
- Provides assistance with escorting when needed for Team Members and/or Guests.
- Reacts promptly to disturbances where security is required.
- Takes charge of and administers emergency first aid to injured or ill Guests and Team Members.
- Conducts post-accident and suspicioned drug screens.
- Familiarity with State Gaming ICMP’s, Rules, and Regulations a plus.
- Takes appropriate action, when required, of individuals suspected of illegal activities.
- Maintains liaison with outside agencies to facilitate the exchange of mutually beneficial information.
- Must be at least 21 years of age with a valid driver’s license and able to obtain and maintain a Colorado Support Gaming License.
- Ability to provide exceptional guest service and strong verbal communication skills.
- CPR and First Aid certification preferred (or able to achieve certification after hire).
- Strong currency handling skills, ability to process currency transactions accurately.
- Intermediate computer knowledge and experience required.
- Ability to use and wear an ear piece radio communication device.
- Ability to speak and write English.
- Ability to communicate information through spoken words and sentences that others will understand.
- Ability to read and understand information and instructions presented in writing.
- Must be able to stand for duration of shift.
- Must be able to bend, stoop and continuously use hands.
- Ability to push and pull up to 25lbs pounds and occasionally up to 45lbs.
- Ability to work all shifts including weekends and holidays when needed.
- Understanding and knowledge of Title 31 reporting (training provided).
- Successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen.
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 2 Weeks PTO within your first year of employment
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 1 Free Hot Meal per shift and Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
- 80% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options – most GRAVE positions 100% Subsidized
- Free Covered Parking
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms and Dry Cleaning Provided Free of Charge for most positions
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit, vacation trips and more!)
- Team Member Hotel, Retail, and Spa Discounts
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch we subsidize your bus transportation from 80% up to 100%!
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.