Security Department Manager
Job Title: Security Department Manager
Salary: $70,000 +
Status: Full Time
Other Compensation: This position is bonus eligible up to 10% of the annual salary after completion of on year which is determined by the Company in its sole discretion and based on certain Company and personal performance objectives.
In addition, we are offering you a $600 referral bonus for every friend/family that you bring after you start.
There are many great advantages to work in our Security department:
- Free Hot Meal per shift
- Non-smoking environment
- Subsidized transportation
- Flexible Schedules
- Not a desk job
- Opportunity to mingle with guests and team members
- Career Advancement
- On the job training along with paid certifications like CPR and First Aid training
Reinforces department goals and vision to all direct reports and continually implements this strategy into overall communications.
Supervises, directly and/or indirectly, all Security Department team members including: selection, training, work direction, safety, communication, counseling, disciplining, performance evaluations and records.
- Oversight and training for emergency response procedures such matters as fires, bomb threats, power outages, and other serious matters or emergencies.
Directs and monitors the security and safety of property guests, employees, facilities, and grounds.
Conducts and reviews security investigations concerning all incidents and issues taking place on property. Makes necessary reports and notifies the Colorado Division of Gaming and local law enforcement agencies as needed and in partnership with the Casino Shift Manager and Surveillance.
Responsible for preparing and monitoring the Security budget and monthly financials.
- Prepares detailed and accurate reports on any security or medical related incident that occurs on the Monarch Casino property.
- Checks all security reports for accuracy and completeness and ensure timeliness.
- Ensure compliance with departmental and Company policies and procedures.
- Create and update weekly department schedule.
- Continually evaluate Team Members for alertness, appearance, and proper performance of duties.
- Observes, supervises and instructs shift officers in the performance of their duties.
- Determines personnel requirements and makes assignments at the beginning of each shift.
- Contact and communicate with all Casino Shift Managers and Surveillance as necessary.
- Ensure effective onboarding and training for new Security Team Members.
- Provide security and protection for guests, team members, property and assets.
- Maintains physical awareness of the Monarch Casino Resort Spa property.
- Reacts promptly to disturbances where Security is required.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Be familiar with all areas of the Monarch Casino Resort Spa.
- Takes appropriate action, when required, of individuals suspected of illegal activities.
- Maintains liaison with outside agencies to facilitate the exchange of mutually beneficial information.
- Must be able to perform all duties of Shift Supervisors and Guest Assistance Officers.
- Previous casino security experience preferred.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Colorado Support Gaming License.
- Excellent guest service skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Have communication interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable in a "hands-on" management role
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 2 Weeks PTO within your first year of employment
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 1 Free Hot Meal per shift and Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
- 80% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options
- Free Covered Parking
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms and Dry Cleaning Provided Free of Charge for most positions
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit, vacation trips and more!)
- Team Member Hotel, Retail, and Spa Discounts
Save your gas and mileage on your car! Check out these convenient casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch, we subsidize your bus transportation up to 80%!
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Resort Spa does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.