- Employment Type
Job Title:Purchasing Manager
Starting At: $65,000
Status: Full Time
Other Compensation: None
Apply today start tomorrow. Refer a friend/family member if you’re both hired, you both will earn an extra $600 in referral bonuses!
Luxury matched only by the sublime beauty of the Colorado Rockies awaits you in our all new Resort! Monarch’s new resort features a Chophouse, 24/7 Café, Buffet, and Specialty Restaurant (coming soon). Experience the heart-pounding gaming action on our newly-expanded casino floor, featuring over 1,200 of the hottest slot machines, 40 table games with unlimited betting, a new poker room and sports betting room coming soon. Our spa features state of the art spa services on top of the 23rd story of our resort along with a roof top pool, saunas, hot tubs, bar and more!
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 2 Weeks PTO within your first year of employment
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- In-State and Out-of-State Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- New Hire Incentives up to $400 (for non-management)
- Team Member Referral Program (we pay you and your referral up to $600 each)
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms Provided Free of Charge for Most Positions
- 1 Free Hot Meal per Shift and Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks
- 80% - 100% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options
- Free Covered Parking
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit and more)
- Hotel and Resort Discounts
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch we subsidize your bus transportation from 80% up to 100%!
- Responsible for departmental budgets, monthly financials and variance reporting, including overtime tracking and minimization.
- Work with operational managers and Corporate Director of Purchasing on specifications and brand decisions.
- Oversees and manages the day to day operations of the Purchasing department.
- Responsible for maintaining the accuracy of Stratton Warren system. PO’s, item #’s etc.
- Work with NV and CO properties to combine volume for both properties in an effort to reduce cost.
- Monthly reports on operational price variances.
- Ensures all bid specs are up to date.
- Trains on accuracy of Bids specs.
- Ensures bid sheets to vendors are updated as appropriate.
- Train on shopping list and make sure all items are ordered timely.
- Review requisitions, contacts vendors and purchases goods based on agreed-upon price, quantity and quality, ensuring timely procurement of goods at price/value to meet the needs of client departments.
- Reviews bid for all major purchases to ensure securing the most advantageous deal in relation to price, quantity, quality, service level, and delivery schedule.
- Responsible for actively building and retaining customer relations and acts as a mentor to other employees and co-workers in order to provide superior customers service.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in related field, and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Purchasing environment performing similar duties and tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to organize, prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Products including Word & Excel. Stratton Warren experience preferred.
- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with ethical integrity; Upholds organizational values.
- Exhibits confidence in self and others.
- Inspires and motivates others to perform well.
- Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Inspires respect and trust.
- Accepts feedback from others.
- Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Gives appropriate recognition to others; Displays passion and optimism.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Develops alternative solutions.
- Analyzes market and competition by identifying external threats and opportunities along with adapting to strategic to changing conditions.
- Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position;
- Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments. Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.