Promotion/Special Event Coordinator
- Employment Type
Job Title: Promotion/Special Events Coordinator
Starting At: $18.00/hour up to $3,000 New Hire Incentives + Free Meal + Benefits
Status: Full Time
Shift: Days, Swings, Nights
Other Compensation: *New hire incentives includes up to $1,400 from Monarch and up to $1,600 in “Colorado Jumpstart” unemployed workers incentives for those who are eligible. State payments are within 30 and 60 days. Monarch adds payments 90 through 180 days! Note: State payments go to $1,200 on June 1. Monarch New Hire Incentives and State incentive offers ends on June 26.
Apply today start tomorrow. Refer a friend/family member if you’re both hired, you both will earn an extra $600 in referral bonuses!
Luxury matched only by the sublime beauty of the Colorado Rockies awaits you in our all new Resort! Monarch’s new resort features a Chophouse, 24/7 Café, Buffet, and Specialty Restaurant (coming soon). Experience the heart-pounding gaming action on our newly-expanded casino floor, featuring over 1,200 of the hottest slot machines, 40 table games with unlimited betting, a new poker room and sports betting room coming soon. Our spa features state of the art spa services on top of the 23rd story of our resort along with a roof top pool, saunas, hot tubs, bar and more!
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 2 Weeks PTO within your first year of employment
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- In-State and Out-of-State Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- New Hire Incentives up to $3,000
- Team Member Referral Program (we pay you and your referral up to $600 each)
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms Provided Free of Charge for Most Positions
- 1 Free Hot Meal per Shift
- 80% - 100% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options
- Free Covered Parking
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit and more)
- Hotel and Resort Discounts
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch you can ride the casino bus for only $4-$6 per day!
The Promotion/Special Events Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the operation of the marketing department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist in planning, ordering items for, and execution of, casino promotions.
- Assist in building all promotions in the appropriate gaming system
- Assist in organizing advertising requests
- Assist in ordering advertising supplies
- Utilizes casino and marketing software to ensure proper data entry and information collection.
- Facilitates and promotes business growth, marketing functions and casino promotions.
- Helps organize and execute events and promotions.
- Supports the marketing department as needed.
- Maintains security and confidentiality of all patron files, records and lists.
- Maintains security and confidentiality of all casino information.
- Adheres and complies with all casino policy and procedures, internal rules and regulations and abides by all regulations of the Colorado Department of Gaming.
- Helps disseminates marketing information.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Proficient in the use of computer applications, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Power Point, CDS, Writing, Stratton Warren and IGT Slot Management System preferred.
- Ability to all work shifts, weekends and holidays is required.
- Must be able to provide a high level of customer service at all times.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to listen and verbally communicate with guests both in the casino and at external events.
- Must be able to work in and facilitate a team environment
- Must be able to meet deadlines, work under pressure and maintain professionalism in a fast paced and stressful work environment.
- Excellent writing skills preferred.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Ability to apply gaming knowledge and experience in day-to-day work scenarios. Knowledge and experience with Slot Player Tracking, Casino Management and Casino marketing systems.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and composure
- Ability to understand and follow verbal directives and written directions
- Ability to accept constructive criticism
- CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or similar field preferred.
- High School diploma or GED required.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.