Poker Assistant Shift Manager
Job Title: Poker Assistant Shift Manager
Status: Full Time
There are many great advantages to work in our Poker department:
- Free Hot Meal per shift
- Non-smoking environment
- Subsidized transportation
- Flexible Schedules
- Career Advancement
- Beautiful, modern, fast paced work environment that you can take pride in
- Our team knows that we succeed together
- Strong emphasis on service standards
- Work where other people come to play, enjoy Colorado everyday
Summary: Assist the Poker Manager and Shift Manager in managing operations of Poker Room.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for Assistant Poker Shift Manager:
Primary responsibilities include
- Assist the Poker Manager and Shift Managers in oversight for games in the Poker Room. Ensures the enforcement of game procedures and policies as outlined in department manuals, and in accordance with Colorado limited Gaming Control.
- Accurate data logging, shift reports, email and upkeep of data.
- Fulfillment of all guest service needs including host, cashier, verification, and payment of jackpots, bonus hands.
- Maintain accurate records for all daily promotion. Generate player cards, and ensure accurate player tracking.
- Staff Management: Includes training, disciplinary action. Help prepare annual reviews, goals and objective, and implements individual performance development plans. Supervises and provides support and direction to staff. Resolves team member related issues, and supports team building with positive and open communication.
Enthusiastically supports, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department, and company standards and programs. Must possess the ability to resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner. Must demonstrate leadership and fairness in dealing with customers and team members.
Continued educational training available!
- Must be at least 18 years of age and able to obtain and maintain a Colorado Support Gaming License.
- 1 year of previous dealing experience preferred.
- Previous supervisor experience a plus.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff and other departments.
- Must possess excellent guest service and communication skills with the ability to deal with guests.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to speak and write English.
- Ability to communicate information through spoken words and sentences that others will understand.
- Ability to read and understand information and instructions presented in writing.
- Strong general mathematical skills.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must have the ability to stand for duration of shift.
- Must be able to bend, stoop and continuously use hands.
- Successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen.
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- Paid Time Off
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 1 Free Hot Meal per shift and Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
- 80% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options
- Free Covered Parking
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms and Dry Cleaning Provided Free of Charge for most positions
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit, vacation trips and more!)
- Team Member Hotel, Retail and Spa Discounts
Save your gas and mileage on your car! Check out these convenient casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com. As a Team Member of Monarch, we subsidize your bus transportation up to 80%!
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Resort Spa does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.