Payroll Specialist + sign-on & referral bonuses
- Employment Type
- Accounting/Finance, Casino, Hospitality
Job Title: Payroll Specialist
Starting at: $50,000 - $55,000
Status: Full Time
Other Compensation: None
Live and work where you vacation! Earn extra cash for the Holidays!
We are offering $400 sign-on + up to $2,000 for each referral that starts by December 7th.
Luxury matched only by the sublime beauty of the Colorado Rockies awaits you in our all new ULTIMATE resort. Experience everything that surrounds our beautiful location in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, including world-class skiing, fishing and horseback riding.
Monarch’s ultimate resort features a Chophouse, 24/7 Café, Buffet, and Bistro Restaurant (coming soon). Experience the heart-pounding gaming action on our newly-expanded casino floor, featuring over 1,200 of the hottest slot machines, 40 table games including: black jack, Pai Gow, roulette, and baccarat with unlimited betting; a new poker room and sports betting room coming soon. On our 23rd floor experience breath taking panoramic mountain views in our Spa, Fitness Center, and Pool
- Process Payroll termination paperwork and issues final and on-demand payroll checks.
- Prepares and balances tip information and performs final input into computer for payroll checks.
- Completes biweekly labor-distribution reports.
- Prepares and/or completes employee wage verifications requests, paycheck stub and employee-related information requests.
- Prepares and makes payments via EFTPS and State tax online systems for payroll taxes.
- Processes and inputs TM direct deposit application information.
- Payroll check income and deduction research and preparation for Uniforms, Name Badges, Masks, ID Cards, Payroll adjustments, Bus passes, etc.
- Process all WFM Time and Attendance transactions for hourly and salary biweekly paycheck processing.
- Monthly vacation accrual processing from file extraction to data input.
- Prepare, assemble and issue biweekly payroll checks.
- WFM Time/Attendance maintenance/hours processing & transfer.
- WFM software training for new timekeepers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Corporate Payroll Manager or Payroll Administrator in the corporate offices.
- Benefits processing & Loa processing/tracking and working collaboratively with Human Resources.
- Child support orders – receive/notify/data entry.
- Upload monthly on-line reporting information to US Department of Labor – Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Queries – develop and maintain query program to screen for potential concerns/errors.
- Other Duties as necessary.
- Team Member (TM) must be able to communicate effectively with all Team Members and Management Personnel. TM must have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence, efficiently and professionally.
- TM must have the ability to process and calculate general computations and numeric formulas such as wages, overtime, retroactive pay, & percentages. Mathematics and organizational skills are required for this position.
- To perform this job successfully, TM must be able to perform his/her job responsibilities with extreme accuracy. Little or no mistakes, oversights or errors can be tolerated in this department. A large part of any Payroll Department TM responsibility is to ensure accurate and precise payroll checks are delivered, timely.
- TM will need to be able recognize and solve problems concerning payroll and be proactive at suggesting solutions to potential or existing problems. Trouble shooting and problem solving are necessary skills to deal with matters or situations involving all payroll-related issues. TM must have the ability to apply common sense to everyday circumstances.
Professional and Communication skills:
- TM must have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence, proficiently. TM is required to have the ability to speak effectively with all employees and management and communicate well with others.
- Proficient computer knowledge; Experience with computer programs Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook. TM must have the ability to learn computer software programs for success in this position. AS400 Infimum & query reporting experience are preferred.
Certificates and Licenses: Colorado Gaming License
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: None
Attendance: Set schedule
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 2 Weeks PTO within your first year of employment
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 1 Free Hot Meal per shift and Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
- 80% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options – most GRAVE positions 100% Subsidized
- Free Covered Parking
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms and Dry Cleaning Provided Free of Charge for most positions
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit, vacation trips and more!)
- Team Member Hotel, Retail, and Spa Discounts
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch we subsidize your bus transportation from 80% up to 100%!
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.