Lead Casino Shift Manager
- Employment Type
Are you interested in…..
- A Fast Track Career with Development and Career Advancement Opportunities?
- Flexible Works Schedules and Referral/Attendance Bonuses?
- Paid College Tuition, Free Meals, Discounted Transportation, Health Benefits and More?
Monarch Casino Resort in Black Hawk is building a 23 story resort that will have over 500 rooms, 4 restaurants, and a full service spa/salon which is expected to open soon!
Part Time and Full Time Team Members Will Enjoy:
- Team Member (TM) Referral Program – Not only do we pay our current TM up to $600, we pay your referral up to $1,600
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement up to $6,000 per calendar year
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Flexible work schedules
- Weekly drawings totaling $100 in Weekly Cash Prizes
- Quarterly Grand Prize Drawings: Paid trips to Atlantis Casino Resort Spa
- 1 free meal per shift
- Round trip bus tickets for $4 per Day ($20 Savings)
- Free parking
- Additional premium pay in select positions
Full Time Team Members (30hrs or more) also enjoy:
- 1 week paid vacation at 6 months, second week paid vacation at 1 year
- 6 observed Holidays
- Health Benefit Insurance Package (medical, dental, vision, disability, and more)
- 401k Retirement Plan with Company Match
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch you can ride the casino bus for only $4 per day!
This person will contribute to our success by being the acting General Manager on Duty and performs numerous daily tasks and routines that ensure quality service is provided to all guests. During each shift, the Casino Shift Manager (CSM) will visit each operational area and converse with guests and Team Members to promote and facilitate the highest guest service attainable. They must be able to identify and correct daily operational deficiencies to achieve this service; such as:
- Constantly review staffing needs and recommend increase/decrease in staffing levels to coincide with business demands.
- Identify signage problems and notifying proper departments to correct.
- Assist in resolving Team Member issues, responsible for motivating Team Members to ensure that they are providing quality service.
- Assist Managers and Supervisors to ensure that the operation is being managed in accordance with company standards.
- Maintain an active presence on the casino floor at all times.
- The Lead Casino Shift Manager handles all CSM duties in addition to managing the CSM team and acts as the primary liaison with the General Manager (GM).
- The Casino Shift Manager will create a friendly work atmosphere and communicate an ‘Open Door’ policy to all team Members to resolve disputes in a timely manner.
- Must exhibit a positive and professional attitude with guests and Team Members.
- Will work toward resolving guest complaints and assist with guest incidents in a helpful, courteous, and constructive manner, and if necessary, reviews available documentation and/or create documentation concerning the incident.
- Provide regular communication with all levels of management, provides recommendations on improving effectiveness on the property operation.
- Make decisions must be based upon the best interests of the company while following Colorado Division of Gaming Rules and Regulations.
- Relive Table Games Supervisors and Surveillance Operators when their respective managers are not available.
- Other related duties including, but not limited to complying with the following; Colorado Limited Gaming Act, Colorado Gaming Rules and Regulations, Colorado Internal Control Minimum Procedures, Colorado Liquor and Beer Codes, Federal requirements for Anti-Money Laundering, Company Policies, and IRS reporting.
- A commitment to Guest Service.
- A commitment to a safe work environment.
- Must effectively pass along information from shift to shift and from department to department when needed.
- Must be self-motivated and self-directed. Must be able to work under minimal supervision.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- This position is expected to have proficient knowledge of all casino property operations including, table games, slot operations, restaurant operations.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written formats with both internal and external guests.
- Ability to work well with others and under stressful conditions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Oasis applications.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common gaming documents and procedural manuals.
Education, Training & Experience:
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Must have at least 3 years management experience in a gaming operation.
- Ability to obtain Colorado Key Gaming License.
Cultural Best Fit Characteristics
- Ability to see the whole picture.
- Conscientious about the bottom line.
- Does not accept mediocrity.
- Leads by example
- Promotes the property as an ambassador.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Job Reference #: 9615