Lead Buffet Cook - 1st Shift ($18)
- Employment Type
- Food & Beverage, Leadership
Monarch Casino Resort Spa in Black Hawk, Colorado is opening a brand new expansion that will have over 500 luxurious rooms, 4 delectable restaurants, and a full service spa/salon!
Our restaurants will feature a Chophouse, 24/7 Café, Specialty Restaurant, and Buffet. Our spa will feature state of the art spa services on top of the 23rd story of our resort along with a roof top pool, sauna’s, hot tubs and more!
Now hiring bold, motivated, team-focused individuals!
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) Will Enjoy:
- Hiring Bonus
- Team Member Referral Program
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedules
- 1 Free Meal per Shift
- Subsidized Transportation Options
- Free Parking
- Team Member Anniversary Program and Recognition
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) also enjoy:
- 1 week of PTO at 6 months and a 2nd week at 1 year
- 6 Observed Holidays
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability)
- 401k with company match
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- In-State and Out-of-State Relocation Assistance Programs
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch you can ride the casino bus for only $4-$6 per day!
- Delegates shift station responsibilities and supervise the buffet when needed.
- Handles various business items with little assistance.
- Take inventories, plate presentation and possesses the ability to create and execute recipe development and menu specials.
- Apply various cooking methods to meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Execute prep lists and check lists in a timely manner as outlined by the supervisor.
- Inspect food preparation and service areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices.
- Excellent memory skills allowing for preparation of many dishes at the same time.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, piercing them with utensils, and through the use of thermometers.
- Must accurately distinguish flavors of salty, sweet, burnt, sour, bitter, spicy, and spoiled.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to patrons in a timely manner.
- Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and ranges.
- Season and cook food according to recipes.
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking.
- Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Perform all duties associated with any kitchen station including pantry, runner, carver, bakery, prep cook and line cook.
- Follow new recipes and procedures with minimal direction.
- Shut down and or clean assigned areas as required
- Working knowledge of food storage, knife handling and sharpening, weights & measures, stocks, soups and sauces, plate presentations, recipes and yields, Health department regulations, sanitation and safety regulation
- Determines the nature of guest concerns and takes appropriate action to resolve general concerns, obtaining assistance from the appropriate team members
- Be able to use various types of kitchen equipment
- Breakdown and clean equipment
- General knowledge of food and safety sanitation standards
- Work in a fast paced environment
- Know the entire menu and be able to follow recipes
- Produce a consistent and quality product
- Must be able to stand for duration of shift.
- Must be able to bend, stoop and continuously use hands.
- Ability to push and pull up to 25lbs pounds and occasionally up to 45lbs
- Ability to work all shifts including weekends and holidays when needed.
- Successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.