- Employment Type
Monarch Casino Resort Spa in Black Hawk, Colorado is opening a brand new expansion that will have over 500 luxurious rooms, 4 delectable restaurants, and a full service spa/salon, all of which is opening soon!
Our restaurants will feature a Chophouse, 24/7 Café, Specialty Restaurant, and Buffet. Our spa will feature state of the art spa services on top of the 23rd story of our resort along with a roof top pool, sauna’s, hot tubs and more!
Now hiring bold, motivated, team-focused individuals!
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) Will Enjoy:
- Hiring Bonus
- Team Member Referral Program
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedules
- 1 Free Meal per Shift
- Subsidized Transportation Options
- Free Parking
- Team Member Anniversary Program and Recognition
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) also enjoy:
- 1 week of PTO at 6 months and a 2nd week at 1 year
- 6 Observed Holidays
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability)
- 401k with company match
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- In-State and Out-of-State Relocation Assistance Programs
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch you can ride the casino bus for only $4-$6 per day!
This position will perform a variety of capital buying tasks for a new construction project at Monarch Casino Black Hawk, which will be involved in large scale Casino Hospitality construction projects which will be built from responsibilities that include purchasing of a wide range of equipment, furniture and fixtures for Construction and CapEx projects. Ideal applicant will have former experience in casino hotel renovation projects involved in various properties ranging over 1K+ rooms.
- Key Responsibilities
- Inputs data into Stratton Warren.
- Conducts supplier and material analysis.
- Handles special projects research for the department.
- Assists and/or issues purchase order follow-up to ensure on-time deliveries and correct pricing, terms and specifications.
- Assists department and warehouse management with periodic Slow Moving Product reports.
- Assists departments with following purchasing procedures, as well as following up on their orders to ensure that deliveries are timely.
- Prepares reports, spreadsheets and other related documentation as directed.
- Must be able to organize, prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Assists in other duties as assigned.
- Key Processes
- Assess, evaluate and review data for organizing projects and/or providing direction on activities, tasks or processes in accordance with company guidelines.
- Arrange timeline to complete tasks and department assignments or projects, and meet the deadlines related to those assignments.
- Work on actual project or service to help achieve the objectives of the department.
- Evaluate information to render an opinion or take action based on that information that will impact the department or function.
- Possess skills to hasten resolution, assess course of action, and implement or take action based upon findings.
Company Code of Conduct, Standards
All Monarch Team Members are expected to conduct and carry themselves in a professional manner at all times. Team Members are required to observe the Company standards, work requirements and rules of conduct.
- 21 years of age.
- Proof of authorization to work in the United States.
- Four-year college degree (preferred)
- Minimum 1 year experience in Purchasing or a related field preferred.
- Knowledge of Stratton Warren inventory system (inputting bids, creating purchase orders) a plus.
- Ability to perform complex analysis for supplier and material contracts, develop long range commodity plans, streamline operational procedures, perform continuous improvement activities, recommend and establish inventory levels, and present project reports to senior management.
- Knowledge of financial and cost management, PO and contract management, and spreadsheet analysis.
- Skills with Microsoft Office Suites and spreadsheets a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion utilizing English; both in oral and written form, interpersonal skills with focused attention to guest needs to deal effectively with all business contacts, maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to MBH appearance standards, maintain consistent adherence to the MBH Unmatched Guest Service Standards
- Must be able to work with others, communicate well, give direction, review the work of others, and provide guidance and counsel when needed to achieve department goals and objectives.
- Must maintain a positive attitude toward work and interface with guests in a congenial and polite manner.
- Must be able to address stressful situations with clients with dignity and the utmost tack and politeness.
- Work overtime and varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Physical Requirements:
- Work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment.
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with management, team members, and suppliers while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Must be able to frequently move freely about the work area, maintain manual dexterity to access computer via computer keyboard and operate office equipment, such as telephones, copiers, etc., withstand various activities such as frequent walking, sitting for long periods and withstand prolonged standing, stretching, bending and kneeling without restriction.
- Be able to work indoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to, noise, dust, and be able to access all areas of the property.
- Ability to lift or carry a minimum of 20 pounds, unassisted, in the performance of specific tasks assigned.
- Must be able to touch and handle supplies in a safe and non-hazardous manner, maintaining proper hygiene, cleanliness, and disposal methods.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.