Human Resources Manager
- Employment Type
- Hospitality, Leadership
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Starting At: $75,000 - $85,000
Status: Full Time
Shift: Tuesday - Saturday 8am - 5pm
Other Compensation: This position is bonus eligible after completion of one full calendar year which is determined by the Company in its sole discretion and based on certain Company and personal performance objectives.
Apply today start tomorrow. Refer a friend/family member if you’re both hired, you both will earn an extra $600 in referral bonuses!
Luxury matched only by the sublime beauty of the Colorado Rockies awaits you in our all new Resort! Monarch’s new resort features a Chophouse, 24/7 Café, Buffet, and Specialty Restaurant (coming soon). Experience the heart-pounding gaming action on our newly-expanded casino floor, featuring over 1,200 of the hottest slot machines, 40 table games with unlimited betting, a new poker room and sports betting room coming soon. Our spa features state of the art spa services on top of the 23rd story of our resort along with a roof top pool, saunas, hot tubs, bar and more!
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 2 Weeks PTO within your first year of employment
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- In-State and Out-of-State Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- New Hire Incentives up to $400 (for non-management)
- Team Member Referral Program (we pay you and your referral up to $600 each)
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms Provided Free of Charge for Most Positions
- 1 Free Hot Meal per Shift and Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks
- 80% - 100% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options
- Free Covered Parking
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit and more)
- Hotel and Resort Discounts
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch we subsidize your bus transportation from 80% up to 100%!
This position will be 80% recruitment/training and 20% HR. This position will develop and implement new and enhanced recruiting and selection processes that will attract, select and retain a dynamic level of talent. This position will also develop and implement new ways to train new and current staff to attract new talent and enhance retention. The Training and Recruitment Manager is a business partner for all hiring managers and will have the ability to understand the current and future business needs of the company. The ideal candidate will have vast knowledge in recruitment and talent acquisition, training mechanisms, exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and strong project management/ organizational skills. The Training and Recruitment Manager will consult with and guide department management in comprehensive training and recruitment staffing issues, policies and processes. Ideal candidate must have current knowledge of all federal and state employment rules and regulations have exceptional communication skills, have a passion for guest service, eye for creativity, innovation, and attention to detail. Ideal candidate must also have a strong background of employee relations and other HR functions as they will serve as back up during the Director’s absence.
- Manages a team of up to 6 (3 recruiters and 2 coordinators full time and a specialist during the Director’s absence)
- Manages all recruitment, training and onboarding processes for the Company.
- Coordinates the sourcing and recruiting activities for exempt and non-exempt positions with a focus on senior-level and executive positions.
- Execute recruitment plan by aggressively recruiting for well-qualified candidates from a variety of sources; develop strategic staffing plans in conjunction with senior management.
- Utilize traditional recruitment techniques such as direct sourcing, cold calling, screening, interviewing & relationship recruiting with organizations & universities.
- Create new, creative and proactive industry-specific sourcing strategies and work closely with Human Resources Supervisor to update and maintain internal job postings on company website and other external websites.
- Create and implement hourly Team Member recruitment strategies including, but not limited to, job fair coordination & participation, newspaper advertising and alternative sources of applicants.
- Confer with management and supervisors to identify staffing needs, job specifications, job duties, qualifications, and skills.
- Develop and maintain network of contacts to help identify and source qualified candidates.
- Develop and maintain contacts with schools, alumni groups, and other public organizations to find and attract applicants.
- Review applications and interviews applicants to obtain work history, education, training, job skills, and salary requirements, and to provide information about the organization and position.
- Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Develops and conducts management training sessions on Human Resource policy and procedures on an on-going basis.
- Develops and conducts training sessions for the workforce (i.e., new hire orientation, harassment prevention, and workplace violence, interviewing/selection, HR101).
- The Training & Recruitment Manager will be the HR Director’s backup upon their absence. Must have a basic knowledge of Employee Relations and LOA’s.
- Guides and advises supervisors and managers on effective and legal documentation of team member performance. Reviews and makes recommendations on Team Member work action documentation and Performance Improvement Plans.
- Under direction of Director of Human Resources, responds to team member relation issues such as complaints, harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints. Performs investigations as necessary and makes recommendations for corrective action.
- Assists with unemployment claims responses and attends unemployment appeal hearings.
- Assists Wardrobe department when needed.
- The Training & Recruitment Manager will also assist overseeing Wardrobe Department during the HR Director’s absence.
QUALIFICATIONS – is considered Education & Experience
TECHNICAL/PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE (Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or a related field is required.
- Must have minimum 5 years’ experience managing a HR Department or combination of schooling and experience.
- Must have 2-3 years' of Employee Relations and LOA administration experience required.
- Prior hospitality and/or F&B experience preferred in the HR role.
- Expert knowledge of the principles and practices of human resource administration.
- Knowledge of sound techniques in all aspects of human resource management.
- Knowledge of the organization and operation of administrative programs.
- Ability to develop long-term plans and programs and to evaluate work accomplishments.
- Ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
- Must be computer proficient, strong knowledge of MS Office products including Excel, and HRIS administration.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.