Human Resources Employee Relations Specialist (On-Site)
- Employment Type
- General Administration, Hospitality, Human Resources
Job Title: Human Resources Employee Relations Specialist
Salary: $50,000 - $57,000
Status: Full Time
Shift: Days 8am-5pm Monday - Friday
Luxury matched only by the sublime beauty of the Colorado Rockies awaits you in our all new ULTIMATE resort. Experience everything that surrounds our beautiful location in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, including world-class skiing, fishing and horseback riding.
Monarch’s ultimate resort features a Chophouse, 24/7 Café, Buffet, and Bistro Restaurant. Experience the heart-pounding gaming action on our newly-expanded casino floor, featuring over 1,200 of the hottest slot machines, 40 table games including: black jack, Pai Gow, roulette, and baccarat with unlimited betting; a new poker room and sports betting room. On our 23rd floor experience breath taking panoramic mountain views in our Spa, Fitness Center, and Pool.
There are many great advantages to work in our Human Resources department:
- Consistent Schedules Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
- Free Hot Meal per shift
- Non-smoking environment
- Subsidized transportation
- Career Advancement
- Beautiful, modern, fast paced work environment that you can take pride in
Under direction of the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Specialist is responsible for the human resources activities with emphasis in the areas of team member relations and engagement. The Human Resources Specialist will assist with recruitment and other HR projects as needed. The Human Resources Specialist will ensure the organization is following all applicable federal, state and local employment related laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, QUALIFICATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Primary contact for COVID contact tracing, LOA, and WC issues/claims.
- Sends out weekly exit, new hire, and general feed back surveys to current and former team members.
- Guides and advises supervisors and managers on effective and legal documentation of team member performance. Reviews and makes recommendations on Team Member work action documentation and Performance Improvement Plans.
- Acts as additional support in processing all Team Member requests for accommodation and ensures compliance with ADAAA.
- Assists with unemployment claims responses and attends unemployment appeal hearings.
- Under direction of Director of Human Resources, responds to team member relation issues such as complaints, harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints. Performs investigations as necessary and makes recommendations for corrective action.
- Assists with new HRIS system (INFOR) testing and rollout procedures
- Responsible for regularly attendance tracking and receipt of disciplinary documents.
- Assists coordinators and admin as needed with filing and data entry
- Assists with NHO’s as needed
- Assists Wardrobe Department when needed
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- 2-3 years of basic employee relation and/or LOA experience, and indirect/direct roles of HR, or equivalent
- Bilingual preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with department managers, Team Members, and the general public.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of human resources, employment law and employee relations.
- Knowledge of the organization and operation of administrative programs.
- Ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
- Must be computer proficient, strong knowledge of MS Office products, and HRIS administration.
- Displays original thinking and creativity.
- Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
This position does not require supervisory responsibilities
- Ability to communicate information through spoken words and sentences that others will understand
- Ability to read and understand information and instructions presented in writing.
- High school diploma or higher
- 4 year credited college degree can supplement for some of the years of direct experience
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 2 Weeks PTO at your first-year anniversary of employment
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 1 Free Hot Meal per shift and Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
- 80% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options
- Free Covered Parking
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms and Dry Cleaning Provided Free of Charge for most positions
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit, vacation trips and more!)
- Team Member Hotel, Retail and Spa Discounts
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch, we subsidize your bus transportation up to 80%!
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Resort Spa does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.