HR Training Specialist
- Employment Type
- General Administration, Hospitality, Human Resources
Job Title: Human Resources Training Specialist
Reports To: HR Manager
Schedule/Shift: 8am – 5pm Monday - Friday
Salary: $50,000 +
Luxury matched only by the sublime beauty of the Colorado Rockies awaits you in our all new ULTIMATE resort. Experience everything that surrounds our beautiful location in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, including world-class skiing, fishing and horseback riding. Monarch’s ultimate resort features a Chophouse, 24/7 Café, Buffet, and Bistro Restaurant. Experience the heart-pounding gaming action on our newly-expanded casino floor, featuring over 1,200 of the hottest slot machines, 40 table games including: black jack, Pai Gow, roulette, and baccarat with unlimited betting; a new poker room and sports betting room. On our 23rd floor experience breath taking panoramic mountain views in our Spa, Fitness Center, and Pool.
There are many great advantages to work in our Human Resources department:
- Consistent Schedules Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
- Free Hot Meal per shift
- Non-smoking environment
- Subsidized transportation
- Career Advancement
- Beautiful, modern, fast paced work environment that you can take pride in
Under the guidance of the Senior Human Resources Manager, the Training Specialist is responsible for facilitating the classes and workshops.
The Human Resources Training Specialist, as with all members of the Monarch Casino Resort Spa Team, provides excellent customer service to all Team Members, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner which demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity, and exercises confidentiality in the appropriate areas of his/her performance. The incumbent shares in the Monarch Casino Resort Spa support of the company’s Vision, Mission, Values, and consistently performs all functions in a fashion that inspires and motivates others to actively pursue them. As part of the leadership team, role models the expected behaviors of service, positive attitude, cooperation and accountability. Engenders trust in others and develops credible relationships at all levels.
- Facilitates primary training programs such as New Hire Orientation and Leadership development.
- Works closely with HR Manager to perform gap analyses to identify opportunities for enhancing training, development and performance at the operational level.
- Provides strategic support for satellite and auxiliary training and development programs, including online learning and local academic partnerships.
- Working with the HR Manager and the HR Director, creates performance benchmarks for consistent measurement and evaluation of competencies across departments.
- Takes the lead on supporting service initiatives and other development related programs for the property.
- Works closely with department leaders to identify and develop high potential Team Members.
- In conjunction with the HR manager, is a primary point person for the Management Development Trainee programs.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Training & Development, Human Resources or related field, or comparable experience in performance coaching
Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with department managers, Team Members, and the general public.
Knowledge of the principles and practices of Human Resource functions.
Demonstrated knowledge of learning and development theories and applications including measurement of outcomes
Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Must have strong technical and MS Office products knowledge and skills
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Training and Development, Human Resources or closely related field
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 2 Weeks PTO at your first-year anniversary of employment
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 1 Free Hot Meal per shift and Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
- 80% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options
- Free Covered Parking
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms and Dry Cleaning Provided Free of Charge for most positions
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit, vacation trips and more!)
- Team Member Hotel, Retail and Spa Discounts
Save your gas and mileage on your car! Check out these convenient casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch, we subsidize your bus transportation up to 80%!
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Resort Spa does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.