HR Recruiter / Generalist + up to $3,000 New Hire Incentives + Free Meal + Benefits
- Employment Type
Job Title: HR Recruiter / Generalist
Salary Starting at: $47,000
Status: Full Time
Shift: Days - Options of 4/10's or 5/8's Saturdays required 7am to 10am start you choose.
Other Compensation: *New hire incentives includes up to $1,400 from Monarch and up to $1,600 in “Colorado Jumpstart” unemployed workers incentives for those who are eligible. State payments are within 30 and 60 days. Monarch adds payments 90 through 180 days! Note: State payments go to $1,200 on June 1. Monarch New Hire Incentives and State incentive offers ends on June 26.
Say GOODBYE to that DEAD-END JOB and let your new career take flight at the Monarch Casino Resort Spa in Black Hawk Colorado! Apply online now, OR text "MONARCH" to 97211, OR call us at 720-406-3800.
Luxury matched only by the sublime beauty of the Colorado Rockies awaits you in our all new Resort! Monarch’s new resort features a Chophouse, 24/7 Café, Buffet, and Specialty Restaurant (coming soon). Experience the heart-pounding gaming action on our newly-expanded casino floor, featuring over 1,200 of the hottest slot machines, 40 table games with unlimited betting, a new poker room and sports betting room coming soon. Our spa features state of the art spa services on top of the 23rd story of our resort along with a roof top pool, saunas, hot tubs, bar and more!
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 2 Weeks PTO within your first year of employment
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- In-State and Out-of-State Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- Hiring Bonuses for Non-Management (up to $400 position depending)
- Team Member Referral Program (we pay you and your referral up to $600 each)
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms Provided Free of Charge for Most Positions
- 1 Free Hot Meal per Shift
- Up to 80% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options (we pay $24-$26 YOU pay $4-$6 round trip for casino busses through Ace Express and Ramblin)
- Free Covered Parking
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit and more)
- Hotel and Resort Discounts
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch you can ride the casino bus for only $4-$6 per day!
The Recruiter/HR Generalist will be responsible for leading proactive recruiting efforts to support Monarch Casino Resort Spa business objectives by cold contacting, sourcing, interviewing, evaluating, and placing applicants in various roles. The Recruiter/HR Generalist will also be responsible for team member relations.
This position will be required to work four 10-hour shifts or five 8-hour shifts, including Saturdays. Start and end times and days of week may be flexible provided Saturday is included and hours are consistent by day of week, with at least 40 hours per week. Salary starts at $47,000 and goes up depending on experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, QUALIFICATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Full cycle recruitment experience in a high-volume environment (cold calling, sourcing, reviewing, selection to close).
- Maintain and update applicant tracking system (iCIMS).
- Strong understanding with various recruitment tools and resources.
- Work collaboratively with the Human Resources Recruitment Manager, HR Team and business operations to execute various recruitment programs.
- Participate in recruitment networking social events, job fairs, and cold contacting potential candidates.
- Strong understanding with various recruiting tools sourcing (Indeed, Snagajob, LinkedIn, Monster, Zip Recruiter, Craigslist etc.).
- Proven ability to effectively recruit for non-exempt & exempt level positons.
- Primarily recruits lead roles and front line.
- Strong interpersonal, consulting, and communication skills to support HR Representatives as well as the ability to build collaborative relationships with Hiring Managers.
- Manage complete interview-to-hire process including: screening resumes, selecting candidates for interview, managing interview process and offer approval process, and completing offers.
- Ability to develop various marketing recruiting materials and push across social channels.
- Recruiter will become the internal staffing expert by effectively building relationships throughout the casino hotel resort.
- Responsible for initial offer to candidates.
- Responsible for managing, tracking and following up on all pre-hire processes including reference checks, drug screens, criminal MVR checks, and credit checks.
- Responsible for launching the PAF new hire processes.
- Support New Hire Orientation process and procedures.
- Guides and advises supervisors and managers on effective and legal documentation of team member performance. Reviews and makes recommendations on Team Member work action documentation and Performance Improvement Plans.
- Under direction of Director of Human Resources, responds to team member relation issues such as complaints, harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints. Performs investigations as necessary and makes recommendations for corrective action.
- Assists with unemployment claims responses and attends unemployment appeal hearings.
- Assists Wardrobe department when needed.
- 1-2 years of basic prior recruiting experience as direct recruiter role in hospitality/hotel/restaurant environments preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in cold calling and cold contacting candidates for employment through various recruitment mediums and social media preferred.
- 1-2 years of basic employee relation and/or LOA experience preferred.
- Knowledge with ATS systems preferred.
- Strong Microsoft experience.
- Strong focus on delivering results while managing and prioritizing multiple projects & candidates.
- Keen observation with interview process and selection– knows how to identify top performers and determine culture fit.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to work independently and effectively on a broad variety of recruitment projects.
- Proven ability to deal with confidential information with discretion
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Proven ability to partner with colleagues within the greater HR function to ensure an excellent candidate interview and on boarding experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship building, including the ability to communicate with people at all levels, both in writing and orally.
This position does not require supervisory responsibilities
- Ability to communicate information through spoken words and sentences that others will understand
- Ability to read and understand information and instructions presented in writing.
- High school Diploma or GED required
- 4 year credited college degree can supplement for some of the years of direct experience
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.