Job Title: HR Manager
Status: Full Time
Other Compensation: This position is bonus eligible after completion of one calendar year which is determined by the Company in its sole discretion and based on certain Company and personal performance objectives.
The HR Manager plays a key role in cultivating core relationships with Directors, Managers, Supervisors and team members bridging and addressing any gaps/concerns. The HR manager manages the HR team who will collectively assist with HR-related matters, including compliance, performance management, capacity building and talent development, employee relations, and employee engagement.
- Employee Relations: You will be responsible for managing employee relations, which includes handling employee grievances, conducting investigations, and ensuring that all employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Performance Management: You will be responsible for developing and implementing performance management systems that align with the company's goals and objectives. You will also provide coaching and feedback to employees to help them improve their performance.
- Benefits Administration: You will be responsible for administering employee benefits, including health insurance, 401k, and other benefits offered by the company.
- Training and Development: You will be responsible for developing and implementing training programs to improve employee skills and knowledge. You will also be responsible for identifying training needs and ensuring that employees receive appropriate training.
- Policy Development: You will be responsible for developing and implementing HR policies and procedures that comply with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Compliance: You will be responsible for ensuring that the company is in compliance with all state and federal employment laws and regulations.
- Employee Engagement: You will be responsible for developing and implementing programs to enhance employee engagement and improve employee morale.
- HR Administration: You will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the HR department, including managing HR records, maintaining HR systems, and overseeing HR projects.
- To be successful in this role, you will need to have a strong understanding of HR best practices, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to build strong relationships with employees and managers. You should also have experience managing HR teams and working in a fast-paced environment.
- A bachelor's degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field is usually required. A master's degree in human resources or business administration may also be preferred.
- Candidates should have at least 5-7 years of experience in human resources management, preferably in the hospitality industry. Experience in recruitment, employee relations, performance management, benefits administration, and HR policy development is essential.
- Professional certification, such as a SHRM-CP or PHR, is preferred.
- Candidates should have a comprehensive understanding of human resources best practices, labor laws, and regulations. They should also have knowledge of HRIS systems, payroll systems, and other HR-related software.
- Candidates should have excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills. They should also have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Candidates should be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to work independently. They should also be approachable, empathetic, and able to build strong relationships with employees and managers.
- Overall, a successful candidate for a Human Resources Manager at Monarch Resort Spa Casino should have a combination of education, experience, knowledge, and skills that demonstrate their ability to manage the full spectrum of HR functions for a large hospitality organization.
You will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- Paid Time Off
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- Relocation Reimbursement
- 1 Free Hot Meal per shift and Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
- 85% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options
- Free Covered Parking
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms and Dry Cleaning Provided Free of Charge for most positions
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit, vacation trips and more!)
- Team Member Hotel, Retail and Spa Discounts
Save your gas and mileage on your car! Check out these convenient casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com. As a Team Member of Monarch, we subsidize your bus transportation up to 80%!
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Resort Spa does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 18460