HR Employee Relations Manager
Job Title: HR Employee Relations Manager - Bilingual Highly Preferred
Status: Full Time
Other Compensation: This position is bonus eligible after completion of one calendar year which is determined by the Company in its sole discretion and based on certain Company and personal performance objectives.
There are many great advantages to work in our Human Resources department:
- Consistent Schedules Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
- Free Hot Meal per shift
- Non-smoking environment
- Subsidized transportation
- Career Advancement
- Beautiful, modern, fast paced work environment that you can take pride in
The HR Employee Relations Manager plays a key role in cultivating core relationships with Directors, Managers, Supervisors and team members bridging and addressing any gaps/concerns. The HR manager manages the HR team who will collectively assist with HR-related matters, including compliance, performance management, capacity building and talent development, employee relations, and employee engagement.
- Manages a team of 2
- Build and foster trust-based, collaborative relationships with HR Specialist, managers and employees at all levels by proactively communicating, providing prompt issue resolution, while ensuring fair and equitable treatment by balancing business, employee, and legal needs.
- Leads the development of Leadership and HR partnership for learning and development.
- Assist in process and creation of written warnings and performance improvement plans.
- Develop and deliver training programs, materials, and resources on a broad range of HR-related topics
- Coach and challenge leaders to support the development of leadership capability.
- Advises and trains managers and supervisors in best employee relations practices and strategies for managing supervisor problems and employee concerns. Develops further training as needed.
- Responsible for reviewing information for UI claims
- Guides and advises managers on effective and legal documentation of team member performance.
- Reviews and makes recommendations on Team Member work action documentation and Performance Improvement Plans
- Responsible of processing all Team Member requests for accommodation and ensures compliance with ADAAA.
- Responsible of develop department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Makes recommendations for closing leadership performance gaps based on Team Member Relations mediation and follow up.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues.
- Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Consult with employees and management on employee relations issues providing guidance and assistance with policy interpretation, open and direct communication, conflict resolution, performance management, and conduct-related issues.
- Manages and resolves Unemployment’s and hearings
- Responsible of unemployment claims
- Manages COVID 19 protocols, tracking and poseurs of the CDC and the company
TECHNICAL/PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE (Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or a related field is required
- Minimum 5 years of Human Resources experience overall
- Minimum 3 years employee relations experience
- Minimum 2 years in a manager role (not necessarily in employee relations)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Prior hospitality experience preferred in the HR role
- Expert knowledge of the principles and practices of human resource administration
- Knowledge of the organization and operation of administrative programs
- Ability to develop long-term plans and programs and to evaluate work accomplishments
- Ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form
- 3-4 years of basic employee relation and/or LOA experience preferred
- Knowledge with ATS systems preferred
- Strong Microsoft experience
- Strong focus on delivering results while managing and prioritizing multiple projects & candidates
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks at one time
- Knowledgeable in federal labor laws, specifically Colorado labor laws preferred
- General knowledge/experience in other areas of HR preferred
- Bilingual Spanish required
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 2 Weeks PTO at your first-year anniversary of employment
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 1 Free Hot Meal per shift and Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
- 80% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options
- Free Covered Parking
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms and Dry Cleaning Provided Free of Charge for most positions
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit, vacation trips and more!)
- Team Member Hotel, Retail and Spa Discounts
Save your gas and mileage on your car! Check out these convenient casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch, we subsidize your bus transportation up to 80%!
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Resort Spa does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.