HR Coordinator-Spanish Speaking
Job Title: HR Coordinator
Location: Blackhawk, CO
Job Type: Full-time/On-Site
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, QUALIFICATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Serves as the primary contact for Monarch Casino regarding Human Resources administrative functions and processing of Team Member information, data and licensing as applicable.
- Provides license and other regulatory expiration information to departments. Follows up on deadlines and maintains compliance.
- Provides recognition information and materials to departments for celebrating Team Members.
- Prepares and maintains Team Member files, assuring accuracy, compliance and confidentiality.
- Responsible for all data entry into HRIS
- Assists Human Resources Director to meet department goals and objectives.
- Monitors supplies and equipment, review inventory and place purchasing requisitions in order to maintain levels of inventory which best meets user and department budget requirements
- Assists with Human Resources projects as assigned.
- Conducts full cycle recruitment for non-management level positions
- Completes, verifies, and maintains I9 documentation for all employees
- Conducts pre-employment drug screens, background checks, and e-verify checks
- Coordinates and participates in the new hire orientation and on-boarding process
- Preforms customer service functions by greeting all visitors, answering employee requests and questions
- Exercises judgement and analysis within moderate scope. Informs management of sensitive issues that may require immediate attention and resolution; makes recommendations relative to issue resolution. Notifies Human Resources Director promptly and fully of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Creates and modifies reports as needed; executes software download to I.D. badge system to update team member records; generates periodic reports such as transfer, termination reports as required, daily, weekly, and monthly.
- Maintains a strict level of confidentiality in all matters of sensitive nature regarding team members or disciplinary actions, appraisals, salary information, and all team records.
- Assists wardrobe department
- Responsible for preparing unemployment and worker’s compensation claims
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and Gaming Control Board regulations concerning employment.
- Conducts all NH Orientations
- Responsible for Onboarding and Starting all New Hires.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bilingual Required
- 1-3 years prior knowledge of human resources processes and best practices and/or an equivalent combination of experience in a coordinator or administrative role.
- Strong ability in using MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Prior experience with HR databases and HRIS systems
- In-depth understanding of sourcing tools, like resume databases and online communities
- Familiarity with social media recruiting
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle data with confidentiality and enter accurately
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with department Team Members, and the general public.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of Human Resources functions.
- Excellent Organizational and analytical skills
- Must have excellent computer skills, strong knowledge of MS Office products
- Ability to communicate information through spoken words and sentences that others will understand
- Ability to read and understand information and instructions presented in writing.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1 year prior HR experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- Paid Time Off
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- Relocation Reimbursement
- 1 Free Hot Meal per shift and Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
- 80% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options
- Free Covered Parking
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms and Dry Cleaning Provided Free of Charge for most positions
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit, vacation trips and more!)
- Team Member Hotel, Retail, and Spa Discounts
Save your gas and mileage on your car! Check out these convenient casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com. As a Team Member of Monarch, we subsidize your bus transportation up to 80%!
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Resort Spa does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors