Hotel Guest Services Manager
- Employment Type
- Hospitality, Leadership
Job Title:Hotel Guest Services Manager
Salary: $45,500 - $50,000
Status: Full Time
Other Compensation: none
Say GOODBYE to that DEAD-END JOB and let your new career take flight at the Monarch Casino Resort Spa in Black Hawk Colorado! Apply online now, OR text "MONARCH" to 97211, OR call us at 720-406-3800.
Luxury matched only by the sublime beauty of the Colorado Rockies awaits you in our all new Resort! Monarch’s new resort features a Chophouse, 24/7 Café, Buffet, and Specialty Restaurant (coming soon). Experience the heart-pounding gaming action on our newly-expanded casino floor, featuring over 1,200 of the hottest slot machines, 40 table games with unlimited betting, a new poker room and sports betting room coming soon. Our spa features state of the art spa services on top of the 23rd story of our resort along with a roof top pool, saunas, hot tubs, bar and more!
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 2 Weeks PTO within your first year of employment
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- In-State and Out-of-State Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- Hiring Bonuses for Non-Management (up to $400 position depending)
- Team Member Referral Program (we pay you and your referral up to $600 each)
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms Provided Free of Charge for Most Positions
- 1 Free Hot Meal per Shift
- Up to 80% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options (we pay $24-$26 YOU pay $4-$6 round trip for casino busses through Ace Express and Ramblin)
- Free Covered Parking
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit and more)
- Hotel and Resort Discounts
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch you can ride the casino bus for only $4-$6 per day!
Under direction of the Hotel Manager, this position is responsible for the Hotel Front Desk activities with emphasis in the areas of five diamond guest service, talent management and team member relations. The Guest Services Manager will ensure the organization is in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local employment related laws.
The Front Desk Guest Services Manager, as with all members of the Monarch Casino Resort Spa Team, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner which demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity, and exercises confidentiality in the appropriate areas of his/her performance. The Front Desk Guest Services Manager shares in the Monarch Casino Resort Spa support of the company’s Vision, Mission, Values, and consistently performs all functions in a fashion that inspires and motivates others to actively pursue them.
- Responsible for managing the performance of the Front Desk to meet department and property business objectives.Coaches and manages Team Members to consistently deliver five diamond service to guests.
- Responsible for scheduling, training and any coaching or disciplinary matters in relation to company and department policies.
- Assumes the responsibility for the accurate completion of all shift work in accordance with Monarch standards.
- Resolves guest complaints and ensures guest satisfaction.
- Completes reports and projects as assigned by Hotel Management.
- Works closely with other departments such as PBX, Reservations, VIP Services and Housekeeping.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Hotel Front Desk experience in a management role at a high-occupancy resort.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer proficient (a working knowledge of LMS is preferred).
- Ability to read and analyze reports and guest folios.
- Ability to manage hotel inventory and pricing in a fast-paced environment.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with ethical integrity; Upholds organizational values.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Inspires respect and trust; Accepts feedback from others; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates; Gives appropriate recognition to others; Displays passion and optimism; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments. Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
The Front Desk Guest Services Manager works on-site at the casino and interfaces with external/internal customers, Team Members, and vendors on a regular basis. The position’s work schedule varies and may include Saturday/Sunday and evening work depending on the needs of the operation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.