General Manager - Casino Resort
- Employment Type
- Casino, General Administration, Hospitality, Hotel
Job Title: General Manager - Casino Resort
Schedule: Varies (On-Site) - must be available at times on weekends, evenings, and Holidays remotely and in person.
Monarch Casino Resort Spa is a wholly owned subsidiary of Monarch Casino & Resort, Inc. (NASDAQ: MCRI), a publicly traded corporation. Our company is recognized by Forbes on their "Most Trustworthy Companies" list.
Luxury matched only by the sublime beauty of the Colorado Rockies awaits you in our all new ULTIMATE resort. Experience everything that surrounds our beautiful location in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, including world-class skiing, fishing and horseback riding.
Monarch’s ultimate resort features a Chophouse, 24/7 Café, Buffet, and Bistro Restaurant. Experience the heart-pounding gaming action on our newly-expanded casino floor, featuring over 1,200 of the hottest slot machines, 40 table games including: black jack, Pai Gow, roulette, and baccarat with unlimited betting; a new poker room and sports betting room. On our 23rd floor experience breath taking panoramic mountain views in our Spa, Fitness Center, and Pool.
Monarch has an exciting opportunity for a General Manager. You must have prior Hotel/Casino Resort Experience, report to the location (Black Hawk, CO) daily, and be available on weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Assemble and retain a high-performing team who are guest focused, energetic, exude hospitality, are clean cut, and hard working.
- Take ownership and responsibility of whom is brought on board – from leadership to hourly Team Members. Ensure a culture of excellence in hiring and maintain involvement in the process.
- Retain a strong presence in operations – keeping in touch with guests on the casino floor and in restaurants, and building rapport with all levels of Team Members, with a finger on the pulse of what occurs in all departments.
- Responsible for the highest standards of cleanliness and maintenance of property – from bathrooms to the casino, hotel, restaurants and BOH.
- Meet or exceed budget – with appropriate focus on financials in each department and strategies for constant improvement of results.
- Attract and retain the top 20% who provide 80% of the property’s revenue.
- Maintain full awareness of the competition and local market – who is making what moves – and where the property has competitive advantage to take advantage of that knowledge.
- Take ownership -- Manage all aspects of the resort property, including oversight of day-to-day operations, financial performance, guest satisfaction and Team Member satisfaction.
- Provide oversight and hold all departments accountable for property maintenance and appearances, ensuring the highest quality facility worthy of Four-Star status.
- Develop, implement and monitor an operational business plan and budget, ensuring compliance with the goals and objectives of the property as well as ownership.
- Responsible for maximizing revenue generation, with particular focus on the top 20% who provide 80% of the property’s revenue.
- Responsible for controlling labor and other operating costs in line with casino volume.
- Conduct regular financial reviews and make operational adjustments to ensure budgeted objectives are met.
- Conduct regular meetings with each direct report individually, and all department leaders corporately (as well as individually as needed) to mentor, consult and give direction, instilling the spirit of quality, teamwork, communications and accountability.
- Enforce organizational policies and procedures and ensure operational compliance
- Spend considerable time in the operations MBWA (Management By Walking Around), auditing performance and functionality.
- Spend time with guests identifying what is working and areas that need improvement.
- Establish and maintain effective business relationships with local business influencers, merchants, philanthropists, and clientele.
- Initiate, prepare, review and comment on special operational reports and present to executive management as directed.
- Perform as an equity owner of the business, and require the same of the director level team.
- Make recommendations to the VP of Operations and CEO to consistently improve the performance, quality and profitability for the property.
- Minimum of 3+ years experience as a Casino General Manager in a high-end resort.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited University, in Business or Hospitality Management or other related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- People-oriented and results-driven leadership skills, with a proven track record of motivating leaders and team members to meet and exceed goals and provide the highest quality experience for guests.
- Strong ability to forecast, budget, create and manage controls and policies, analyze trends, course correct, and deliver results.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft products and casino-related software and systems
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with ethical integrity; Upholds organizational values.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Inspires respect and trust; Accepts feedback from others; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates; Gives appropriate recognition to others; Displays passion and optimism; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments. Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.