- Employment Type
- Food & Beverage, Hospitality, Leadership
Monarch Casino Resort Spa in Black Hawk, Colorado is opening a brand new expansion that will have over 500 luxurious rooms, 4 delectable restaurants, and a full service spa/salon, all of which is opening soon!
Our restaurants will feature a Chophouse, 24/7 Café, Specialty Restaurant, and Buffet. Our spa will feature state of the art spa services on top of the 23rd story of our resort along with a roof top pool, sauna’s, hot tubs and more!
Now hiring bold, motivated, team-focused individuals!
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) Will Enjoy:
- Hiring Bonus
- Team Member Referral Program
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedules
- 1 Free Meal per Shift
- Subsidized Transportation Options
- Free Parking
- Team Member Anniversary Program and Recognition
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) also enjoy:
- 1 week of PTO at 6 months and a 2nd week at 1 year
- 6 Observed Holidays
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability)
- 401k with company match
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- In-State and Out-of-State Relocation Assistance Programs
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch you can ride the casino bus for only $4-$6 per day!
The Executive Steward manages the daily kitchen stewarding operations and associated staff. Areas of responsibilities include dish room operations, night cleaning, back dock cleaning and maintenance, banquet plating and food running. Supervises kitchen employees not actively engaged in cooking (e.g., dishwashers, kitchen helpers, etc.). Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Orders and manages necessary supplies. Ensuring workers have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
- Monitors the inflow of ordered materials and the maintenance of current materials.
- Conducts supply inventories and reports shortages to designated personnel.
- Inspects supplies, equipment, and work areas in order to ensure efficient service and conformance to standards.
- Investigates reports and follows-up on employee accidents.
- Manages all equipment, china, glass and silver (e.g., adequate clean supplies of each).
- Supervises employees ability to follow loss prevention policies to prevent accidents and control costs.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations.
- Participates in the management of department?s controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Attends meetings and communicates with executives, peers, and subordinates as an effort to improve quality of service.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensures the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Recruits, interviews, selects, hires, and promotes employees in the organization.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensures staff is properly trained regarding sanitation, equipment handling chemical usage, and safety procedures.
- It is a priority that the successful candidate possesses 2-4 years of experience.Ability to create and forecast productivity, staffing and budget plans.
- Initiate corrective action in a professional and thorough manner as needed.
- Highest level of commitment to client satisfaction and quality standards.
- Demonstrated experience in coaching, motivating, developing, and leading a team.
- Knowledge of human resource policies and practices, including development of staffing plans and job descriptions, employee relations, training, safety, benefit administration and succession planning.
- Oral Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Relations
- Customer Relations
- Customer Service
- Math Aptitude
- Reading Skills
- Time Management
- Associates degree or higher (or equivalent)
- 1-2 year experience in a supervisory capacity
- 2-4 years Hospitality/Food Service/Restaurant/Banquet experience
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.