Director of Security
Job Title: Security Director
Salary/Shift: $100,000 +
Status: Full Time
This position is responsible for the planning, implementation and day-to-day operations of Security/Risk Management for Monarch Casino Resort Spa. The Director’s primary goals are to ensure the integrity of gaming, protection of company assets, and employee and guest safety.
The Director of Security develops and implements departmental policies and procedures in compliance with Colorado Division of Gaming regulations, initiates and follows up on a wide variety of training programs, and establishes operational procedures to for activities such as fire prevention and traffic control, guarding and patrolling physical property, monitoring of staff involved with classified information, and investigation of accidents and criminal acts.
- Designs and implements work flows and procedures that support the overall goals of asset, guest, and Team Member protection.
- Confers with property General Manager and departmental leaders to formulate policies, identify gaps and determine need for programs, and develop / implement training to address such needs.
- Works with representatives of local government to ensure cooperation and coordination of property activities with gaming regulators, law enforcement and firefighting agencies.
- Maintains accurate and thorough departmental and incident records and reports. Disseminates reports as needed to department leaders and follows up as needed.
- Conducts workplace investigations and/or collaborates with other members of the Investigation Committee to conduct investigations.
- Prepares the annual security budget and monitors and reports on the budget monthly.
- Ensures that all security equipment is accounted for, maintained, and working properly. Responsible for the property radio system and controlled key management system.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and to prevent future issues; develops innovative and effective solutions.
- Responsible for effectively managing, delegating duties, and the performance and development of department staff; inclusive of interviewing, hiring, training, evaluating, coaching, and termination of staff as required.
- Manages difficult situations or guests for positive resolutions.
- Makes recommendations to executive management for improvements to Security and Safety programs.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from accredited four-year college or university.
- 5+ years security management experience, with 10+ years in security-related field.
- Exceptional problem solving skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and in volatile situations.
- Basic knowledge of computer programs such as MS Office suite.
The Director Security/Risk Management, as with all members of the Monarch Casino Resort Spa team, provides excellent customer service to all guests and Team Members, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner which demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity, and exercises confidentiality in the appropriate areas of his/her performance. The incumbent supports Monarch’s Vision, Mission, Values, and consistently performs all functions in a fashion that inspires and motivates others to actively pursue them. As part of the leadership team, the Director of Security role models the expected behaviors of service, positive attitude, cooperation and accountability. He/she engenders trust in others and develops credible relationships at all levels.
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- Paid Time Off
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 1 Free Hot Meal per shift and Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
- 80% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options
- Free Covered Parking
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms and Dry Cleaning Provided Free of Charge for most positions
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit, vacation trips and more!)
- Team Member Hotel, Retail and Spa Discounts
Save your gas and mileage on your car! Check out these convenient casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com. As a Team Member of Monarch, we subsidize your bus transportation up to 80%!
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 18394