Director of Sales
Job Title: Director of Sales
Shift: Typically Monday - Friday 8am-5pm (On-Site) - must be available at times on weekends, evenings, and Holidays remotely and in person.
Other Compensation: This position is bonus eligible after completion of one full calendar year which is determined by the Company in its sole discretion and based on certain Company and personal performance objectives
There are many great advantages to work in Sales:
- Free Hot Meal per shift
- Non-smoking environment
- Subsidized transportation
- Career Advancement
- Beautiful, modern, fast paced work environment that you can take pride in
- Develop and execute an annual sales plan related to assigned territory and market segments, including budgets estimates, quarterly goals and activities.
- Solicit and maintain appropriate market segment prospects and clients.
- Develop and build accounts with prospective clients to increase room-night utilization at targeted room rates and need periods.
- Responsible for tracking/tracing accounts, contract documents and correspondence.
- Attend CVB meetings, special events and other meetings as needed.
- Host incoming FAMs and site inspections.
- Travel out of town to attend market segment meetings, trade shows and other promotions.
- Analyze various industry publications, reports and current market trends to create new marketing strategies and plans and make recommendations to the Director of Convention Sales.
- Maintain a positive work environment by conducting all communication with clients, prospects, colleagues, co-workers and supervisors in a professional, friendly, cooperative and helpful manner.
- Provide management with weekly tracking and sales reports for projects, meetings and daily activities.
- Develop and execute telemarketing and e-mail solicitations and promotions.
- Participate in community events, special events, etc. as assigned.
- Listen to client challenges, and tactfully use excellent customer service skills to solve these challenges.
- Assist in special marketing projects as assigned by department director.
- Work cooperatively with other members of the sales team as well as other departments to create efficiencies and strategies to increase sales revenues and enhance sales programs.
- Process all inquiries related to assigned market segments.
- Conduct pre-convention meetings to coordinate related catering/convention services, transportation, advertising and other services.
- Develop and maintain a broad network of meetings and convention industry decision-making contacts.
- 3+ years of hotel and banquet sales experience at the Director level
- Advanced knowledge of sales/hospitality principles and practices
- Experience selling multiple market segments
- Knowledge of the Denver and Front Range market with the proven ability to generate hotel and banquet business
- Must be able to work a somewhat flexible schedule (based on in-house events, travel - up to 25%, and sales calls)
- Strong analytical skills and strategic vision in establishing appropriate sales deployment
- Must work well in high pressure situations; maintain composure and objectivity under pressure
- Experience creating and managing budgets, business plans, KPIs and sales goals, and preparation of weekly and monthly reporting
- Trade show and presentation experience
- Strong personal sales ability
- Excellent public relations and customer service skills
- Efficient organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, while also collaborating with others
- Effective team building, training and mentoring skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ethical business practices
- Professional appearance and attire
EducationCollege Degree preferred in Hotel Administration, Business Administration or related field of studyAdditional experience a plus:Strong preference experience using Delpi / Amdeus sales and event management softwareLicense/Permits:Valid Colorado Driver’s LicenseColorado Division of Gaming License
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 2 Weeks PTO within your first year of employment
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 1 Free Hot Meal per shift and Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
- 80% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options
- Free Covered Parking
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms and Dry Cleaning Provided Free of Charge for most positions
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit, vacation trips and more!)
- Team Member Hotel, Retail, and Spa Discounts
Save your gas and mileage on your car! Check out these convenient casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch, we subsidize your bus transportation up to 80%!
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Resort Spa does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.