- Employment Type
Have you always wanted to experience the feeling of working inside the table games pit? Normally this Dealer School class costs $1,000, but now Monarch Casino Resort Spa in Black Hawk is offering FREE admission to our Dealer School.
Best of all, if you apply for and successfully complete our Dealer School, you are guaranteed a job at Monarch Casino. Successful completion is defined as not only finishing school, but also passing a drug screen and background check, and obtaining a Colorado gaming license.
Did you know……..Monarch Casino is building a 23 story hotel that will have over 500 rooms, fine dining restaurants, a full service resort and spa? It is expected to open in 2019!
Are you interested in…..A Fast Track Career, Paid College Tuition, Free Meals, Discounted Transportation, Health Benefits?
Interview now for on the spot hire!
Monarch Casino Black Hawk is a central part of a vibrant and diverse mountain community that focuses on providing an outstanding experience for our guests. Build your career in a dynamic and fast paced environment where you can pursue your interests.
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch you can ride the casino bus for less than $5 per day!
This person will contribute to our success by being committed to providing exceptional guest services and be experienced in blackjack, roulette and carnival games for consideration. We are looking for professional, proficient, enthusiastic Dealers!
- Team Member (TM) Referral Program – Not only do we pay our current TM up to $600, we pay your referral up to $1,600!
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement up to $6,000 per calendar year!
- Up to $100 in Weekly Cash Prizes
- 1 Free Meal per Shift!
- 2 Weeks Paid Vacation
- 6 Paid Holidays!
- Round Trip Bus Tickets for Less Than $5 per Day!
- Free Parking
- Health Benefit Insurance Package (medical, dental, vision, and disability and more)
- 401k Retirement Plan with Company Match!
Where are classes?
The school is located at the Monarch Casino Warehouse - 37899 Highway 40 Evergreen, CO 80439
What is the school schedule?
Monday - Saturday
Classes are between 1pm-4pm & 6pm-9pm.
Monday August 26th, 2019
The school is free for applicants who become a Monarch Team Member for a minimum of 12 months but applicants must first interview with Human Resources as well as casino management.
If dealer school attendees do not remain on the Monarch team for the minimum period they will be charged $1,000 for the school.
How many hours do you need to complete the course?
Attendees must complete 120 hours of class and pass an audition to graduate and earn a position on the monarch team.
Are you offering full time and part time positions?
Yes we are offering full time and part time positions.
How much do Dealers make?
Dealers make minimum wage plus tips. The average part time dealer makes approximately $30,000 per year. The average full time dealer makes approximately $50,000 per year.
What are the requirements to enter the school?
- The applicant must apply online for the Dealer school position.
- Ability to obtain a Colorado gaming license.
- Tattoos are not permitted if they can be seen while wearing the approved uniform or business attire. Visible piercings are only permitted on the earlobes, as permitted.
- Hair styles or colors must be conservative, professional and natural in appearance.
- Attend and complete dealer training
- Deals accurately and procedurally correct.
- Practices and supports Monarch’s courtesy guidelines at all time while promoting outstanding guest relations.
- Handles customer transaction for "buy-ins" and "pay-offs".
- Verifies fills and credits of the game.
- Notifies Casino Games Supervisor of any irregularities in customer play and/or transactions during shift.
- Takes losing bets and pay winning bets in accordance to house rules and procedures.
- Protects the security of the game and handles money and chips.
All applicants/students must be able to pace a standard math test
- Must be at least 21 years of age and able to obtain and maintain a Colorado Support Gaming License.
- Positive attitude towards study
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff and other departments.
- Must possess excellent guest service and communication skills with the ability to deal with guests.
- Ability to speak and write English.
- Ability to excel at a competitive school
- Ability to communicate information through spoken words and sentences that others will understand
- Ability to read and understand information and instructions presented in writing.
- Strong general mathematical skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must have the ability to stand for duration of shift.
- Must be able to bend, stoop and continuously use hands.
Ability to obtain and maintain a Colorado Gaming License
- Successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Job Reference #: 8962