Conference Services Manager
- Employment Type
- Food & Beverage, Hospitality, Leadership
Job Title: Catering Services Manager
Starting at: $45,000 - $50,000
Status: Full Time
Apply today start tomorrow. Refer a friend/family member if you’re both hired, you both will earn an extra $600 in referral bonuses!
Luxury matched only by the sublime beauty of the Colorado Rockies awaits you in our all new Resort! Monarch’s new resort features a Chophouse, 24/7 Café, Buffet, and Specialty Restaurant (coming soon). Experience the heart-pounding gaming action on our newly-expanded casino floor, featuring over 1,200 of the hottest slot machines, 40 table games with unlimited betting, a new poker room and sports betting room coming soon. Our spa features state of the art spa services on top of the 23rd story of our resort along with a roof top pool, saunas, hot tubs, bar and more!
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 2 Weeks PTO within your first year of employment
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- In-State and Out-of-State Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- New Hire Incentives up to $400 (for non-management)
- Team Member Referral Program (we pay you and your referral up to $600 each)
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms Provided Free of Charge for Most Positions
- 1 Free Hot Meal per Shift and Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks
- 80% - 100% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options
- Free Covered Parking
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit and more)
- Hotel and Resort Discounts
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch we subsidize your bus transportation from 80% up to 100%!
This position is responsible for planning, organizing and coordinating functions and guest rooms for assigned group accounts, in accordance with hotel policies and quality standards, to ensure customer satisfaction, maximize profitability and generate return business.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- To understand and respond to all guest needs and requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Act as liaison between hotel and meeting planner to ensure a successful event. This includes obtaining rooming lists, establishing billing, overseeing group room blocks, welcoming VIP's, overseeing amenity requests, handling on site event logistics, coordinating outside vendors, and enforcing the contract.
- Write resumes for each group giving the hotel's departments an overview and schedule of the conference and its objective, details of the meeting agenda, AV requirements, VIP's, billing arrangements and amenity requests.
- Plan group's food and beverage events, including assistance with menu and wine selection, decorations, entertainment and audio visual.
- Create and execute accurate banquet event orders that include detailed information on the agenda, menu items, room set up, and billing arrangements.
- Meet the client upon arrival and conduct pre conference review, including the introduction of Department Heads, overview of events, and guest arrival details.
- Communicate last minute changes in group functions to hotel staff, and ensure accurate and satisfactory follow up.
- Conduct post conference review with clients including the presentation of banquet checks when applicable.
- Review all bills that are sent to the client, ensuring they are accurate and timely in order to maximize return business. Compile any cancellation/attrition charges for the group. Send thank you notes and meeting critiques with every bill, and ensure any feedback is communicated and responded to according to hotel guidelines.
- Attend daily, weekly and monthly meetings as directed.
- Generate an accurate monthly forecast of group food and beverage revenue associated with all group events. Ensure monthly goals are attained to maximize revenue.
- Manage and maintain Ivvy client information and reports accurately.
- Maintain the professional standards of the hotel as set forth by Monarch Casino Resort Spa. and participate in special projects as required.
- Perform other functions as required and directed.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to a satisfactory standard. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and/or ability required.
Education: Associate degree or equivalent from 4 year institution; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Basic Expectations: Attention to detail; Mature, professional interaction with employees, guests and business contacts; Ability to work independently, make good decisions, prioritize work, handle multiple tasks at the same time, act effectively under pressure; Ensure accurate records are maintained; Organized, self-motivated, able to interpret and communicate resort policy and culture to client. Able to communicate client’s requests to hotel staff and management.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position must be able to issue and follow up on tasks and projects issued to other responsible departments and individu.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.