Chophouse Captain $20 + Tips
- Employment Type
- Food & Beverage, Hospitality, Leadership
Job Title: Chophouse Captain
Salary: $20 + tips
Status: Full Time
In addition, we are offering you a $600 referral bonus for every friend/family that you bring after you start.
Luxury matched only by the sublime beauty of the Colorado Rockies awaits you in our all new ULTIMATE resort. Experience everything that surrounds our beautiful location in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, including world-class skiing, fishing and horseback riding.
Epicurean adventures await at the all new restaurants inside Monarch Casino Resort Spa. The chef-driven menu at Monarch Chophouse features the finest steaks, seafood, and craft cocktails in four-star luxury. Indulge any time of the day at Twenty-Four 7 serving American and Asian fare. Light up your senses with exquisite flavors and cuisine from all corners of the globe at The Buffet. All new Bistro restaurant. Unwind from a long day in one of our multiple bars and lounges, with live music at our Cabaret bar every Monday and Tuesday.
There are many great advantages to work in our restaurants:
- Free Hot Meal per shift
- Non-smoking environment
- Subsidized transportation
- Working in and around the various restaurants and the casino floor
- Work with Elevated ingredients
- Advancement opportunities
- Organize the food as per orders to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Ensure food is prepared and served in a timely manner.
- Verifies food orders.
- Communicates with Management and servers regarding menu changes throughout service.
- Notifies servers of food pick up.
- Delivers food as required.
- Decrease expense through proper handling of product.
- Increase revenue through suggestive up-sell.
- Ensure set up to the expedition area at the beginning of every shift.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned service area.
- Prepare trays for food servers with the correct plates to ensure delivery efficiency.
- Complete side duties as required including polishing silverware, line set-up and filling condiments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to access the needs of others and actions required for high performance order processing.
- Time management skills.
- Serve Safe Certification an asset.
- WHMDS training an asset.
- Knowledge of techniques for preparing and producing food for consumption including storage and handling techniques.
- Previous experience in a food environment in either front or back of the house.
- Knowledge of the Principles and Processes for providing excellent guest service.
- Ensures the guests order is accurate and the quality is consistent.
- Ensures the guest have a positive experience.
- Consistently demonstrate the proper sequence of service.
- Ability to comply with policy and procedure.
- Knowledge and skills to explain product and make suggestions for improvement.
- Ability to act frequently, collaborate with Team members and develop new ideas.
- Learn and focus on the Eight Simple Principles for a Great Guest Experience and the MBH Chop House Fourteen Service Cycle and Key moments.
- Provide information and explain Players’ Club benefits, property amenities and marketing promotions as well as local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Food and beverage product knowledge.
- Handle guest issues by using the LAST Principle.
- Ability to attract new guests and retains guests in a regular basis.
- Decrease operational cost by reducing waste and working smart.
- Observe and obtain information needed to enhance the overall quality of service from relevant sources.
- Assess the value and importance of products and guests needs to maintain high standards of quality.
- Promote Teamwork and motivate high performance from Team Members.
- Expected to come to work on time, ready to work.
- Expected to follow the MBH Appearance Standards.
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 2 Weeks PTO at your first-year anniversary of employment
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 1 Free Hot Meal per shift and Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
- 80% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options
- Free Covered Parking
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms and Dry Cleaning Provided Free of Charge for most positions
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit, vacation trips and more!)
- Team Member Hotel, Retail and Spa Discounts
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch, we subsidize your bus transportation up to 80%!
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.