Catering Sales Manager
Job Title: Catering Sales Manager
Salary: $65,000 +
Status: Full Time
Other Compensation: This position is bonus eligible after completion of one full quarter.
In addition, we are offering you a $600 referral bonus for every friend/family that you bring after you start.
There are many great advantages to work in our Catering department:
- Day shift and consistent schedules
- Free Hot Meal per shift
- Non-smoking environment
- Subsidized transportation
- Advancement opportunities
The Catering Sales Manager brings in, processes and achieves revenue goals with a priority area in catering by actively selling and up-selling weddings and other events. position must understand the market economic trends and our competitors and successfully sell against them. The Catering Sales Manager drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each experience. This position must provide the highest level of service to our guests in all sales related functions while maximizing rate and occupancy.
Book group events within the group booking parameters, ensuring that sales progress seamlessly and accurately by following established process and procedures
- Up-sell products and services, and wedding events; closing the best opportunities for the property based on market conditions and property needs
- Gather and input all important customer data in order to plan appropriately (e.g. customer’s goals, specific needs, key account info, etc.)
- Closes sales by collecting client deposit and signed contract
- Manage detailed events and BEO progress seamlessly by following established procedures, collaborating with other teams and team members, and ensuring accuracy
- Confirm final billing accuracy prior to and then process the final bill
- Handle event planning aspects prior to the business turning over for business booked in advance (greater than one year out)
- Gain and maintain an understanding of the overall market (e.g., competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc.) and sell against them
- Identify operational challenges associated with a group and determine how to best work with the property staff and customer to solve these challenges and/or develop alternative solutions
- Represent sales department at staff and stand up meetings and report on sales activity
- Work to develop new or existing policies and procedures as determined by need in order to enhance the productivity of the event process
- Ensure site inspections/visits; verify that the business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery
- Adhere to all standards, policies, and procedures
- Support other members of the Sales Team, stepping in to assist in duties as appropriate
- 3-5 years of experience in sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related area
- 1-3 years of experience in catering or related food service industry
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 2 Weeks PTO at your first-year anniversary of employment
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 1 Free Hot Meal per shift and Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
- 80% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options
- Free Covered Parking
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms and Dry Cleaning Provided Free of Charge for most positions
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit, vacation trips and more!)
- Team Member Hotel, Retail and Spa Discounts
Save your gas and mileage on your car! Check out these convenient casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch, we subsidize your bus transportation up to 80%!
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Resort Spa does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.