Casino Shift Manager
Job Title:Casino Shift Manager
Status: Full Time
Other Compensation: This position is bonus eligible after completion of one full calendar year which is determined by the Company in its sole discretion and based on certain Company and personal performance objectives
Luxury matched only by the sublime beauty of the Colorado Rockies awaits you in our all new ULTIMATE resort. Experience everything that surrounds our beautiful location in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, including world-class skiing, fishing and horseback riding.
Experience the heart-pounding gaming action on our newly-expanded casino floor, featuring keno - over 1200 of the hottest slot machines -- including Exclusive Premiere releases along with 40 table games. The action takes flight with black jack, Pai Gow, craps, roulette, baccarat and a live poker room. We added more high-stakes games and amenities for our high-rollers.
This person will contribute to our success by being the acting General Manager on Duty and performs numerous daily tasks and routines that ensure quality service is provided to all guests. During each shift, the Casino Shift Manager will visit each operational area and converse with guests and Team Members to promote and facilitate the highest guest service attainable. They must be able to identify and correct daily operational deficiencies to achieve this service; such as:
- Constantly review staffing needs and recommend increase/decrease in staffing levels to coincide with business demands.
- Identify signage problems and notifying proper departments to correct.
- Assist in resolving Team Member issues, responsible for motivating Team Members to ensure that they are providing quality service.
- Assist Managers and Supervisors to ensure that the operation is being managed in accordance with company standards.
- Maintain an active presence on the casino floor at all times.
- The Casino Shift Manager will create a friendly work atmosphere and communicate an ‘Open Door’ policy to all team Members to resolve disputes in a timely manner.
- Must exhibit a positive and professional attitude with guests and Team Members.
- Will work toward resolving guest complaints and assist with guest incidents in a helpful, courteous, and constructive manner, and if necessary, reviews available documentation and/or create documentation concerning the incident.
- Provide regular communication with all levels of management, provides recommendations on improving effectiveness on the property operation.
- Make decisions must be based upon the best interests of the company while following Colorado Division of Gaming Rules and Regulations.
- Relive Table Games Supervisors and Surveillance Operators when their respective managers are not available.
- Other related duties including, but not limited to complying with the following; Colorado Limited Gaming Act, Colorado Gaming Rules and Regulations, Colorado Internal Control Minimum Procedures, Colorado Liquor and Beer Codes, Federal requirements for Anti-Money Laundering, Company Policies, and IRS reporting.
QUALIFICATIONS - is considered Education & Experience
- A commitment to Guest Service.
- A commitment to a safe work environment.
- Must effectively pass along information from shift to shift and from department to department when needed.
- Must be self-motivated and self-directed. Must be able to work under minimal supervision.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- This position is expected to have proficient knowledge of all casino property operations including, table games, slot operations, restaurant operations.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written formats with both internal and external guests.
- Ability to work well with others and under stressful conditions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Oasis applications.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common gaming documents and procedural manuals.
Education, Training & Experience:
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Must have at least 3 years management experience in a gaming operation.
- Must have at least 3 years of table games experience.
- Ability to obtain Colorado Key Gaming License.
Cultural Best Fit Characteristics
- Ability to see the whole picture.
- Conscientious about the bottom line.
- Does not accept mediocrity.
- Leads by example
- Promotes the property as an ambassador.
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- Paid Time Off
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 1 Free Hot Meal per shift and Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
- 80% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options - most GRAVE positions 100% Subsidized
- Free Covered Parking
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms and Dry Cleaning Provided Free of Charge for most positions
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit, vacation trips and more!)
- Team Member Hotel, Retail, and Spa Discounts
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com. As a Team Member of Monarch we subsidize your bus transportation from 80%!
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 18374