Casino Shift Manager - 2nd Shift
- Employment Type
- Casino, Leadership
Monarch Casino Resort Spa in Black Hawk, Colorado is opening a brand new expansion that will have over 500 luxurious rooms, 4 delectable restaurants, and a full service spa/salon!
Our restaurants will feature a Chophouse, 24/7 Café, Specialty Restaurant, and Buffet. Our spa will feature state of the art spa services on top of the 23rd story of our resort along with a roof top pool, sauna’s, hot tubs and more!
Now hiring bold, motivated, team-focused individuals!
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) Will Enjoy:
- Hiring Bonus
- Team Member Referral Program
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedules
- 1 Free Meal per Shift
- Subsidized Transportation Options
- Free Parking
- Team Member Anniversary Program and Recognition
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) also enjoy:
- 1 week of PTO at 6 months and a 2nd week at 1 year
- 6 Observed Holidays
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability)
- 401k with company match
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- In-State and Out-of-State Relocation Assistance Programs
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch you can ride the casino bus for only $4-$6 per day!
This person will contribute to our success by being the acting General Manager on Duty and performs numerous daily tasks and routines that ensure quality service is provided to all guests. During each shift, the Casino Shift Manager will visit each operational area and converse with guests and Team Members to promote and facilitate the highest guest service attainable. They must be able to identify and correct daily operational deficiencies to achieve this service; such as:
- Constantly review staffing needs and recommend increase/decrease in staffing levels to coincide with business demands.
- Identify signage problems and notifying proper departments to correct.
- Assist in resolving Team Member issues, responsible for motivating Team Members to ensure that they are providing quality service.
- Assist Managers and Supervisors to ensure that the operation is being managed in accordance with company standards.
- Maintain an active presence on the casino floor at all times.
- The Casino Shift Manager will create a friendly work atmosphere and communicate an ‘Open Door’ policy to all team Members to resolve disputes in a timely manner.
- Must exhibit a positive and professional attitude with guests and Team Members.
- Will work toward resolving guest complaints and assist with guest incidents in a helpful, courteous, and constructive manner, and if necessary, reviews available documentation and/or create documentation concerning the incident.
- Provide regular communication with all levels of management, provides recommendations on improving effectiveness on the property operation.
- Make decisions must be based upon the best interests of the company while following Colorado Division of Gaming Rules and Regulations.
- Relive Table Games Supervisors and Surveillance Operators when their respective managers are not available.
- Other related duties including, but not limited to complying with the following; Colorado Limited Gaming Act, Colorado Gaming Rules and Regulations, Colorado Internal Control Minimum Procedures, Colorado Liquor and Beer Codes, Federal requirements for Anti-Money Laundering, Company Policies, and IRS reporting.
QUALIFICATIONS – is considered Education & Experience
- A commitment to Guest Service.
- A commitment to a safe work environment.
- Must effectively pass along information from shift to shift and from department to department when needed.
- Must be self-motivated and self-directed. Must be able to work under minimal supervision.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- This position is expected to have proficient knowledge of all casino property operations including, table games, slot operations, restaurant operations.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written formats with both internal and external guests.
- Ability to work well with others and under stressful conditions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Oasis applications.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common gaming documents and procedural manuals.
Education, Training & Experience:
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Must have at least 3 years management experience in a gaming operation.
- Must have at least 3 years of table games experience.
- Ability to obtain Colorado Key Gaming License.
Cultural Best Fit Characteristics
- Ability to see the whole picture.
- Conscientious about the bottom line.
- Does not accept mediocrity.
- Leads by example
- Promotes the property as an ambassador.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.