Building Maintenance-Journeyman plumber
- Employment Type
Are you interested in…..
- A Fast Track Career with Career Development and Career Advancement Opportunities?
- Flexible Works Schedules and Referral/Attendance Bonuses?
- Paid College Tuition, Free Meals, Discounted Transportation, Health Benefits and More?
Monarch Casino in Black Hawk is building a 23 story resort that will have over 500 rooms, 4 restaurants, and a full service spa/salon which is expected to open this summer!
Part Time and Full Time Team Members Will Enjoy:
- Team Member (TM) Referral Program – Not only do we pay our current TM up to $600, we pay your referral up to $1,600
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement up to $6,000 per calendar year
- Career Development and Advancement Opportunities
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Up to $100 in Weekly Cash Prizes
- Paid Trips to Atlantis Casino Resort and Spa
- 1 Free Meal per Shift
- Round Trip Bus Tickets for $4 per Day
- Free Parking
- Additional Premium Pay in Select Positions
Full Time Team Members also enjoy:
- Paid Vacation
- 6 Observed Holidays
- Health Benefit Insurance Package (medical, dental, vision, disability, and more)
- 401k Retirement Plan with Company Match
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch you can ride the casino bus for only $4 per day!
General Job Description:
You will oversee at least one apprentice doing plumbing work in the field. You will be responsible for day-to-day plumbing operations on multiple projects, which includes estimating, budgeting, scheduling, and procuring supplies. Ideal candidates must be responsible and organized, with high energy and a desire to take on significant responsibility.
- Install, repair and maintain plumbing systems and components.
- Review building plans and specifications to determine the layout of plumbing and materials.
- Identify required tools and special equipment.
- Select the type of size of pipe required.
- Locate and mark positions for connections and fixtures.
- Install supports and hangers for pipe, fixtures and equipment.
- Assemble and install valves and fittings.
- Install, repair and maintain water treatment equipment, piping and controls.
- Install, repair and maintain underground storm sanitary and water piping systems.
- Install, repair and maintain water heaters and conditioners.
- Install, repair and maintain plumbing fixtures, appliances and trim.
- Test pipe systems and fixtures for leaks.
- Ensure all installations, repairs and maintenance meet code requirements.
- May be called out at odd hours or have to work long hours in case of emergency when on-call only.
- Must have valid driver’s license and be insurable to drive.
- Mentors fellow employees to enhance their skill sets.
- Proficient knowledge in: water distribution and waste water disposal in residential and commercial buildings and building codes.
- Good communication and reasoning skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good verbal, presentation and listening skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Must be able to: Stand or walk for long periods of time during the regular work day; use arms and hands to reach for, handle and manipulate objects; lift and carry materials weighing 50 to 100 pounds; climb up and down ladders, work at high heights, scaffolds and other climbing devices; carry tools and equipment; work while in stooped, kneeling, crouched, and crawling positions; be able to see naturally or with correction, to safely perform designated tasks.
- Must be able to: Perform assigned tasks under all types of environmental and weather conditions including severe cold, extreme heat, wet or dry weather and high winds.
- Environmental conditions may include areas where toxic or caustic chemicals or fumes are in use or being stored. May be required to operate power tools.
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- Must have a current Colorado Journeymen’s or Master’s license in good standings
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.