Buffet Restaurant Supervisor
- Employment Type
- Food & Beverage, Hospitality, Leadership
Job Title: Buffet Restaurant Supervisor
Salary: $55,000 +
Status: Full Time
In addition, we are offering you a $600 referral bonus for every friend/family that you bring after you start.
Luxury matched only by the sublime beauty of the Colorado Rockies awaits you in our all new ULTIMATE resort. Experience everything that surrounds our beautiful location in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, including world-class skiing, fishing and horseback riding.
Epicurean adventures await at the all new restaurants inside Monarch Casino Resort Spa. The chef-driven menu at Monarch Chophouse features the finest steaks, seafood, and craft cocktails in four-star luxury. Indulge any time of the day at Twenty-Four 7 serving American and Asian fare. Light up your senses with exquisite flavors and cuisine from all corners of the globe at The Buffet. All new Bistro restaurant coming soon. Unwind from a long day in one of our multiple bars and lounges, with live music at our Cabaret bar every Monday and Tuesday.
There are many great advantages to work in our restaurants:
- Free Hot Meal per shift
- Non-smoking environment
- Subsidized transportation
- Working in and around the various restaurants and the casino floor
- Work with Elevated ingredients
- Advancement opportunities
This person will contribute to our success by ensuring the highest level of guest services. Satisfaction is maintained by serving internal and external guests in a professional, accurate, and timely manner.
- Interviewing, disciplining, developing/training and scheduling of staff.
- Lead team member shift meetings.
- Monitors and supervises shift activities, opening and closing duties.
- Interacts with guests to resolve any guest issues.
- Works with other supervisors to facilitate a pleasurable dining experience for guests.
- Fills in for line staff when required.
- Demonstrates proactive leadership skills.
- Communicates well with guests and team members in a team environment.
- Must facilitate repeat business through pleasurable dining experiences.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and able to obtain and maintain a Colorado Support Gaming License.
- Minimum 1-year previous F&B Supervision/Management experience required in FOH operations or relevant degree in hospitality program.
- Problem Solving, Quality Control and Priority Assessment – Must evaluate current practices and processes; immediately recognize potential areas of conflict; and initiate ways to improve current business methods, quality of products and services provided to the guests.
- Conflict management-An Assistant Manager must recognize a problem when it arises and be able to resolve it appropriately by using good judgment, tact and initiative according to company policy and procedure. Requires the often-unbiased mediation skills to handle all types of conflicts that will occur at all levels of supervision and the ability to negotiate effectively.
- Information Gathering-Must identify and utilize internal and external sources to improve and maintain the company’s objectives.
- Sales Techniques and Guest Influence-Must understand products and services, develop new prospects for opportunity, and understand guest needs clearly. Must also possess substantial experience and remain current in state-of-the-art sales methods. Must set and meet sales goals.
- Understands measurements of liquid and weight and temperatures.
- Ability to work in high volume, sometimes loud and ever-changing environment.
- Basic to intermediate computer knowledge.
- Must possess excellent guest service and communication skills with the ability to deal with guests.
- Ability to speak and write English.
- Ability to communicate information through spoken words and sentences that others will understand.
- Ability to read and understand information and instructions presented in writing.
- Must be able to stand for duration of shift.
- Must be able to bend, stoop and continuously use hands.
- Ability to push and pull up to 25lbs pounds and occasionally up to 45lbs.
- Ability to work all shifts including weekends and holidays when needed.
- Successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen.
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 2 Weeks PTO within your first year of employment
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 1 Free Hot Meal per shift and Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
- 80% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options
- Free Covered Parking
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms and Dry Cleaning Provided Free of Charge for most positions
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit, vacation trips and more!)
- Team Member Hotel, Retail, and Spa Discounts
As a Team Member of Monarch, we subsidize your bus transportation up to 80%!
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Resort Spa does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.