Buffet Assistant Room Chef
- Employment Type
- Food & Beverage, Leadership
Job Title: Buffet Assistant Room Chef
Salary: $65,000 + Free Meal + Benefits
Status: Full Time
Other Compensation: None
Apply today start tomorrow. Refer a friend/family member if you’re both hired, you both will earn an extra $600 in referral bonuses!
Luxury matched only by the sublime beauty of the Colorado Rockies awaits you in our all new Resort! Monarch’s new resort features a Chophouse, 24/7 Café, Buffet, and Specialty Restaurant (coming soon). Experience the heart-pounding gaming action on our newly-expanded casino floor, featuring over 1,200 of the hottest slot machines, 40 table games with unlimited betting, a new poker room and sports betting room coming soon. Our spa features state of the art spa services on top of the 23rd story of our resort along with a roof top pool, saunas, hot tubs, bar and more!
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 2 Weeks PTO within your first year of employment
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- In-State and Out-of-State Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- New Hire Incentives up to $400 (for non-management)
- Team Member Referral Program (we pay you and your referral up to $600 each)
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms Provided Free of Charge for Most Positions
- 1 Free Hot Meal per Shift and Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks
- 80% - 100% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options
- Free Covered Parking
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit and more)
- Hotel and Resort Discounts
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch we subsidize your bus transportation from 80% up to 100%!
The Assistant Room Chef is in charge of the kitchen in the Room Chef's absense. The Assistant Room Chef assumes all duties with in the kitchen specific to the buffet and reports directly to the Room Chef. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: assisting in interviewing, hiring, and training Team Members, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and conflict resolution.
- Oversee the entire outlet all shifts
- Menu planning and development
- Assist with managing labor and food costs
- Process Payroll including verifying and signing hours and time sheets and approving hours in OTA.
- Order product from warehouse and purchasing
- Hire candidates
- Discipline when necessary
- Scheduling team members
- Build team moral
- Lead by example
- Communicate effectively
- Read and follow recipes
- Demonstrate great guest service.
- Performs table touches and interacts with guests throughout the shift.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency
- Must be able to work variable shifts
- Must have strong guest service skills
- 5+ years cooking experience
- 2 year experience as a Sous Chef or Kitchen Manager
Knowledge of food and safety sanitation requirements/standards
Ability to produce consistent and high quality product
Experience following recipes
- Must be able to stand/walk for duration of shift
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors