Bistro Mariposa Cook $21 - $25
- Employment Type
- Food & Beverage, Hospitality
Job Title: Bistro Mariposa Cook
Salary/Shift: $21 - $25 Swings
Status: Full Time
In addition, we are offering you a $600 referral bonus for every friend/family that you bring after you start.
Bistro Mariposa is about to change everything about dining in Black Hawk. This fresh, innovative concept is an alchemy of flavors designed to take diners on a taste adventure. We’ve paired the best, freshest, and most adventurous flavors of southwestern Baja cuisine together with the finest high-end tequilas and Colorado craft brews to create a menu unlike anything around. Take your taste buds on a tour of Baja during your next visit to Monarch Casino Resort Spa.
There are many great advantages to work in our Bistro restaurant:
- Free Hot Meal per shift
- Non-smoking environment
- Subsidized transportation
- Working in and around the various restaurants and the casino floor
- Work with Elevated ingredients
- Advancement opportunities
- Elevated Southwest cuisine
- Authentic ingredients with a twist
- The finest tequilas and inventive craft cocktails
- Apply various cooking methods to meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Execute prep lists and check lists in a timely manner as outlined by the supervisor.
- Inspect food preparation and service areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices.
- Excellent memory skills allowing for preparation of many dishes at the same time.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, piercing them with utensils, and using thermometers.
- Must accurately distinguish flavors of salty, sweet, burnt, sour, bitter, spicy, and spoiled.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to patrons in a timely manner.
- Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and ranges.
- Season and cook food according to recipes.
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking.
- Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Perform all duties associated with any kitchen station including pantry, runner, carver, bakery, prep cook and line cook.
- Follow new recipes and procedures with minimal direction.
- Shut down and or clean assigned areas as required.
- WHMDS training an asset.
- Knowledge of techniques for preparing and producing food for consumption including storage and handling techniques.
- Previous experience in a food environment in either front or back of the house.
- Be able to lift heavy items.
- Be able to stand/walk for majority of shift.
- Be able to use various types of kitchen equipment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Breakdown and clean equipment.
- General knowledge of food and safety sanitation standards.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Know the entire menu and be able to follow recipes.
- Produce a consistent and quality product.
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as welll!
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 2 Weeks PTO at your first-year anniversary of employment
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 1 Free Hot Meal per shift and Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
- 80% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options
- Free Covered Parking
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms and Dry Cleaning Provided Free of Charge for most positions
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit, vacation trips and more!)
- Team Member Hotel, Retail and Spa Discounts
As a Team Member of Monarch, we subsidize your bus transportation up to 80%!
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Resort Spa does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.