Bartender - Beverage
- Employment Type
- Food & Beverage
Bartenders are responsible for ensuring prompt and courteous service to all guests at all times. Including but not limited to greeting and communicating with all guests in friendly and courteous manner. Additionally, bartenders are responsible for mixing and serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for guests and servers.
- Greet and communicate with all guests in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Ensure prompt expedient and courteous service to all guests at all times
- Smile and show genuine interest in the guests’ needs or questions and always attempt to accommodate any reasonable request.
- Receive and understand beverage orders and repeat them back to the guest and/or servers for accuracy.
- Maintain an updated knowledge of the brands of beer, wine and liquors being offered for consumption.
- Know the ingredients to the most commonly asked for cocktails and specialty drinks, the garnishes they require, the proper glassware for them and the current prices.
- Properly mix the drinks, set for presentation and serve the desired alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages as requested by the guest and/or the cocktail servers.
- Adhere to, enforce and practice all alcoholic beverage laws, policies, and regulations.
- Circulates through the assigned bar area on a continuous basis to provide superior guest service.
- Contact the Beverage Manager/Supervisor on duty for any guest related issues, if unable to assist in finding an agreeable solution to the defined issue.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment, free of dirty glassware, ashtrays, beer bottles, and dispose of other trash.
- Abide by the established standards for health, safety and continual side work duties.
- Operate the established POS systems by following correct ordering procedures, identifying the correct drinks provided and that the approved comping procedures are followed, when applicable.
- Previous bartender experience required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Colorado Support Gaming License. Must obtain an alcohol card (ServSafe or TIPS) Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Ability to stand/walk for duration of shift.
- Must have basic math/cash handling skills
- Must maintain accurate and proper comp and cash handling procedures in accordance with department policies. Must be able to lift and maneuver heavy items (i.e. cases of alcohol
Job Reference #: 9026