Banquet Sous Chef
- Employment Type
- Food & Beverage, Hospitality, Leadership
Job Title: Banquet Sous Chef
Salary: $65,000 - $70,000
Status: Full Time
In addition, we are offering you a $600 referral bonus for every friend/family that you bring after you start.
Luxury matched only by the sublime beauty of the Colorado Rockies awaits you in our all new ULTIMATE resort. Experience everything that surrounds our beautiful location in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, including world-class skiing, fishing and horseback riding.
Epicurean adventures await at the all new restaurants inside Monarch Casino Resort Spa. The chef-driven menu at Monarch Chophouse features the finest steaks, seafood, and craft cocktails in four-star luxury. Indulge any time of the day at Twenty-Four 7 serving American and Asian fare. Light up your senses with exquisite flavors and cuisine from all corners of the globe at The Buffet. All new Bistro restaurant. Unwind from a long day in one of our multiple bars and lounges, with live music at our Cabaret bar every Monday and Tuesday.
There are many great advantages to work in our restaurants:
- Free Hot Meal per shift
- Non-smoking environment
- Subsidized transportation
- Working in and around the various restaurants and the casino floor
- Work with Elevated ingredients
- Advancement opportunities
The Sous Chef is the second in command in the kitchen and generally oversees food production. The Sous Chef assumes all the duties of the Room Chef in the chef’s absence. Responsibilities include assisting in interviewing, hiring, and training team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Propose menus and recipes
- Systemize food production to maximize efficiency and consistency
- Enforce purchasing specifications, storeroom requisition systems, product storage requirements, standardization recipes and waste control procedures
- Assist Executive Chef in recruiting, managing and disciplining kitchen personnel
- Train kitchen personnel in food production principles and practices and ensure that all recipes and food production practices are followed
- Assist Executive Chef in scheduling kitchen employees in conjunction with business forecasts and predetermined budget
- Train service personnel regarding food preparation, ingredients, nutritional values and special dietary requests
- College degree or equivalent
- Guest Service and Professionalism – The Sous Chef serves as role model and sets the standard for all team members to maintain high-quality and consistent customer service. This requires an advanced knowledge of industry best practices and customer service
- Communication – This position requires a commitment to details both verbally and non-verbally therefore, the Sous Chef must encourage cooperative and consistent levels of communication with kitchen staff, front-end staff and management. Must understand instructions, read written company memorandums and communicate with little or no additional direction
- Interpersonal Relationships – Must adapt to different personalities of clients, vendors and coworkers without losing focus. Must possess high professional ethics and avoid extreme familiarity or conflicts with others
- Problem Solving, Quality Control and Priority Assessment – Must evaluate current practices and processes; immediately recognize potential areas of conflict; and initiate ways to improve current business methods, quality of products and services provided to the customers
- Conflict management – A Sous Chef must recognize a problem when it arises and be able to resolve it appropriately by using good judgment, tact and initiative according to company policy and procedure. Requires the often-unbiased mediation skills to handle all types of conflicts that will occur at all levels of supervision and the ability to negotiate effectively
- Information Gathering – Must enhance the quality of food-preparation services including ingredient changes to promote the uniqueness of recipes
- Flexibility – Must work overtime when needed and assist the workload of others
- Understands health and sanitation requirements for State of Colorado
- Familiar with computer/POS functions to include all MS Office functions
- Ability to effectively supervise others as well as be self-disciplined
- Must be familiar with how a restaurant and bar efficiently operates
- Available to work flexible schedule including weekends and holidays, etc.
- Must pass a food handling and sanitation test
- Understands measurements of liquid and weight and temperatures
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 2 Weeks PTO at your first-year anniversary of employment
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 1 Free Hot Meal per shift and Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
- 80% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options
- Free Covered Parking
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms and Dry Cleaning Provided Free of Charge for most positions
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit, vacation trips and more!)
- Team Member Hotel, Retail and Spa Discounts
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch, we subsidize your bus transportation up to 80%!
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Resort Spa does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.