Banquet Server $9.54 tips per shift
Job Title: Banquet Server
Salary: Days/Swing $9.54 + tips per shift
Shift: Day, Swing
In addition, we are offering you a $600 referral bonus for every friend/family that you bring after you start.
There are many great advantages to work in Food & Beverage:
- Free Hot Meal per shift
- Non-smoking environment
- Subsidized transportation
- Working in and around the various restaurants and the casino floor
- Work with Elevated ingredients
- Advancement opportunities
The Banquet Server performs all tasks associated with setting up, serving, and breaking down of function rooms where banquet food service activities are performed. He / She is responsible for the prompt, courteous, smooth and efficient service of food and beverage to guests during banquet and outdoor functions.
Additionally, work as a team to follow through with the proper and timely set-up and execution of banquet events.
- Review and understand Banquet Event Orders (BEO's) or Event Plan at the beginning of each shift to ensure banquet rooms are set as per the customer request.
- Read and execute specifications listed on the Banquet Event Orders.
- Attend all pre-shift meetings to ensure events flow smoothly.
- Be in communication with the Banquet Captain regarding any special needs.
- Assist in ensuring that each event is on time as per the banquet event course.
- Prepare coffee breaks, carts, and stations with appropriate food and beverages as stated in Banquet Event Order.
- Make required adjustments as needed and relay that information to the appropriate personnel.
- Maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses.
- Greet all guests and owners warmly with an appropriate greeting.
- Have a good understanding and able to communicate products and service related query to guests when asked.
- Deliver and serve welcome drinks, food, meals, condiments and accompaniments etc.
- Delivering Alcoholic and Non-alcoholic drinks for service to your customers table.
- Properly open and pour wine at the table side.
- Good knowledge of the rules of Banquet Beverage Control and service.
- Take beverage orders and collect payments where specified.
- Prepare tables, action stations, buffets, service carts, dessert table/carts and cordial carts.
- Replenish buffet items to ensure consistency and freshness in presentation.
- Remove china, glassware, silverware, etc. from tables at the end of the meal period and deliver to the stewarding area.
- Ensure guest satisfaction throughout the meal service.
- Respond to guest requests in a friendly, timely, and efficient manner.
- Respond to and try to full fill any special banquet event arrangements.
- Ensure each course are cleared and tables are properly crumbed.
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
- Monitor tableware to ensure it is presentable to guests.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned station and service areas.
- Attend tables by removing and separating tableware, plate ware, glassware, and flatware.
- Ensure proper use, storage of all meeting room equipment.
- Ensure there is proper back up if any equipment is not properly functioning.
- Maintain high standards of safety and cleanliness in all areas of the Meeting Rooms.
- Pass any information that is needed to the next staff member on duty.
- Communicate any areas of need, problems, and concerns from guest to Banquet Manager.
- If no upcoming events, please have rooms in a readiness position for any possible site inspections.
- Assist others with side work including, but not limited to cleaning, stocking, folding silverware, etc.
- Ensure that meeting rooms are re-set for next event.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Assist fellow team members and other departments wherever necessary to maintain positive working relationships.
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 2 Weeks PTO at your first-year anniversary of employment
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 1 Free Hot Meal per shift and Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
- 80% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options
- Free Covered Parking
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms and Dry Cleaning Provided Free of Charge for most positions
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit, vacation trips and more!)
- Team Member Hotel, Retail and Spa Discounts
Save your gas and mileage on your car! Check out these convenient casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch, we subsidize your bus transportation up to 80%!
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Resort Spa does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.