Banquet Cook I, II, III $21 - $25
Job Title: Banquet Cook I, II & III
Salary/Shift: $21 - $25 Days/Swings
Status: Full Time and Part Time
There are many great advantages to work in Food & Beverage:
- Free Hot Meal per shift
- Non-smoking environment
- Subsidized transportation
- Working in and around the various restaurants and the casino floor
- Work with Elevated ingredients
- Advancement opportunities
- Apply various cooking methods to meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Execute prep lists and check lists in a timely manner as outlined by the supervisor.
- Inspect food preparation and service areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices.
- Excellent memory skills allowing for preparation of many dishes at the same time.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, piercing them with utensils, and through the use of thermometers.
- Must accurately distinguish flavors of salty, sweet, burnt, sour, bitter, spicy, and spoiled.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to patrons in a timely manner.
- Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and ranges.
- Season and cook food according to recipes.
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking.
- Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Perform all duties associated with any kitchen station including pantry, runner, carver, bakery, prep cook and line cook.
- Follow new recipes and procedures with minimal direction.
- Shut down and or clean assigned areas as required
- Be able to lift heavy items
- Be able to stand/walk for majority of shift
- Be able to use various types of kitchen equipment
- Ability to multi-task
- Breakdown and clean equipment
- General knowledge of food and safety sanitation standards
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Know the entire menu and be able to follow recipes
- Produce a consistent and quality product
- Cook/Prep Cook is required to provide their own knives first start day of the shift.
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- Paid Time Off
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 1 Free Hot Meal per shift and Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
- 80% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options
- Free Covered Parking
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms and Dry Cleaning Provided Free of Charge for most positions
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit, vacation trips and more!)
- Team Member Hotel, Retail and Spa Discounts
Save your gas and mileage on your car! Check out these convenient casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com. As a Team Member of Monarch, we subsidize your bus transportation up to 80%!
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Resort Spa does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.