Banquet Busser $18 Tips
Job Title: Banquet Server
Salary: Days/Swing $10.63 + tips
Shift: Day, Swing
There are many great advantages to work in Food & Beverage:
- Free Hot Meal per shift
- Non-smoking environment
- Subsidized transportation
- Working in and around the various restaurants and the casino floor
- Work with Elevated ingredients
- Advancement opportunities
Ideal candidate will have previous Banquet Set Up experience. Must be able to read Banquet Event Orders (BEO). Know all Banquet room locations.
- Set tables in assigned area correctly.
- Maintain clean work station in the banquet and ballrooms and help keep the back halls and storage areas clean and organized.
- Retain all banquet service equipment.
- Prepares dining room for guests by cleaning and clothing tables; setting decorations, condiments, napkins, service plates, and utensils.
- Protects establishment and guests by adhering to sanitation and safety policies.
- Maintains table setting by removing courses as completed; replenishing utensils; refilling water glasses; being alert to patron spills or other special needs.
- Supports wait staff by setting-up and replenishing condiment stands, trash containers liners, and bus stations.
- Supports staff by serving as a back-up - seating guest, operating registers and answering phones.
- Closes dining facility by cleaning chairs and tables; sweeping and/or vacuuming floors; removing trash and recyclables from the facility.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Informs management of guests concerns at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prepare tables, action stations, buffets, service carts, dessert table/carts and cordial carts.
- Replenish buffet items to ensure consistency and freshness in presentation.
- Remove china, glassware, silverware, etc. from tables at the conclusion of the meal period and deliver to the stewarding area.
- Ensure guest satisfaction throughout the meal service.
- Respond to guest requests in a friendly, timely, and efficient manner.
- Respond to and try to full fill any special banquet event arrangements.
- Ensure each courses are cleared and tables are properly crumbed.
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
- Monitor tableware to ensure it is presentable to guests.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organisation of assigned station and service areas.
- Attend tables by removing and separating tableware, plate ware, glassware, and flatware.
- Ensure proper use, storage of all meeting room equipment.
- Ensure there is proper back up in the event that any equipment is not properly functioning.
- Maintain high standards of safety and cleanliness in all areas of the Meeting Rooms.
- Pass any information that is needed to the next staff member on duty.
- Communicate any areas of need, problems, and concerns from guest to Banquet Manager.
- If no upcoming events, please have rooms in a readiness position for any possible site inspections.
- Assist others with side work including, but not limited to cleaning, stocking, folding silverware, etc.
- Ensure that meeting rooms are re-set for next event.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Assist fellow team members and other departments wherever necessary to maintain positive working relationships.
Warmth and graciousness with the ability to function in a busy environment. Create stellar guest experiences and flexible availability to work on nights and weekends.
One to two years’ experience one similar role in upscale hotel with excellent oral and written communication skills.
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- Paid Time off
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 1 Free Hot Meal per shift and Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
- 80% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options
- Free Covered Parking
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms and Dry Cleaning Provided Free of Charge for most positions
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit, vacation trips and more!)
- Team Member Hotel, Retail and Spa Discounts
Save your gas and mileage on your car! Check out these convenient casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com As a Team Member of Monarch, we subsidize your bus transportation up to 80%!
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Resort Spa does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.