Assistant Room Chef - Buffet
- Employment Type
- Food & Beverage
The Assistant Room Chef is in charge of the kitchen in the Room Chef's absense. The Assistant Room Chef assumes all duties with in the kitchen specific to the buffet and reports directly to the Room Chef. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: assisting in interviewing, hiring, and training Team Members, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and conflict resolution.
- Oversee the entire outlet all shifts
- Menu planning and development
- Assist with managing labor and food costs
- Process Payroll including verifying and signing hours and time sheets and approving hours in OTA.
- Order product from warehouse and purchasing
- Hire candidates
- Discipline when necessary
- Scheduling team members
- Build team moral
- Lead by example
- Communicate effectively
- Read and follow recipes
- Demonstrate great guest service.
- Performs table touches and interacts with guests throughout the shift.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency
- Must be able to work variable shifts
- Must have strong guest service skills
- 5+ years cooking experience
- 2 year experience as a Sous Chef or Kitchen Manager
Knowledge of food and safety sanitation requirements/standards
Ability to produce consistent and high quality product
Experience following recipes
- Must be able to stand/walk for duration of shift