Assistant Hotel Manager
- Employment Type
- Hospitality, Leadership
Monarch Casino Resort Spa in Black Hawk, Colorado is opening a brand new expansion that will have over 500 luxurious rooms, 4 delectable restaurants, and a full service spa/salon, all of which is opening soon!
Our restaurants will feature a Chophouse, 24/7 Café, Specialty Restaurant, and Buffet. Our spa will feature state of the art spa services on top of the 23rd story of our resort along with a roof top pool, sauna’s, hot tubs and more!
Now hiring bold, motivated, team-focused individuals!
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) Will Enjoy:
- Hiring Bonus
- Team Member Referral Program
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedules
- 1 Free Meal per Shift
- Subsidized Transportation Options
- Free Parking
- Team Member Anniversary Program and Recognition
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) also enjoy:
- 1 week of PTO at 6 months and a 2nd week at 1 year
- 6 Observed Holidays
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability)
- 401k with company match
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- In-State and Out-of-State Relocation Assistance Programs
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch you can ride the casino bus for only $4-$6 per day!
The Hotel Manager is responsible for the Hotel Front Desk activities with emphasis in the areas of five diamond guest service, talent management and team member relations. The Hotel Manager will ensure the organization is in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local employment related laws.
The Hotel Manager, as with all members of the Monarch Casino Resort Spa Team, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner which demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity, and exercises confidentiality in the appropriate areas of his/her performance. The Hotel Manager shares in the Monarch Casino Resort Spa support of the company’s Vision, Mission, Values, and consistently performs all functions in a fashion that inspires and motivates others to actively pursue them.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for all facets of Front Desk Operations.
- Identify strategies to increase revenue, profitability and Guest Satisfaction.
- Develops, coaches and manages Team Members to consistently deliver five diamond service to guests.
- Provide guidance and motivation to achieve optimal performance.
- Responsible for scheduling, training and any coaching or disciplinary matters in relation to company and department policies.
- Resolves guest complaints and ensures guest satisfaction.
- Completes reports and projects as assigned by Hotel Management.
- Works closely with other departments such as PBX, Reservations, VIP Services and Housekeeping.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Provide excellent guest service
- Assist guests with any concerns and questions
TECHNICAL/PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE (Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience Hotel Front Desk experience
- Minimum of 3 years Management role at a high-occupancy resort
- Proven track record in Hotel Management
- Knowledge of AAA and Forbes Standards.
- Passion for Guest Service, eye for creativity, innovation and attention to detail.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Computer proficient
- Ability to read and analyze reports and guest folios
- Ability to manage hotel inventory and pricing in a fast-paced environment
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with ethical integrity; Upholds organizational values.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Inspires respect and trust; Accepts feedback from others; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates; Gives appropriate recognition to others; Displays passion and optimism; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments. Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
The Hotel Manager works on-site at the casino and interfaces with external/internal customers, Team Members, and vendors on a regular basis. The position’s work schedule varies and may include Saturday/Sunday and evening work depending on the needs of the operation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.