Assistant Executive Steward
- Employment Type
Job Title: Steward Supervisor
Salary: $65,000 - $70,000
Status: Full Time
In addition, we are offering you a $600 referral bonus for every friend/family that you bring after you start.
Luxury matched only by the sublime beauty of the Colorado Rockies awaits you in our all new ULTIMATE resort. Experience everything that surrounds our beautiful location in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, including world-class skiing, fishing and horseback riding.
Epicurean adventures await at the all new restaurants inside Monarch Casino Resort Spa. The chef-driven menu at Monarch Chophouse features the finest steaks, seafood, and craft cocktails in four-star luxury. Indulge any time of the day at Twenty-Four 7 serving American and Asian fare. Light up your senses with exquisite flavors and cuisine from all corners of the globe at The Buffet. All new Bistro restaurant. Unwind from a long day in one of our multiple bars and lounges, with live music at our Cabaret bar every Monday and Tuesday.
There are many great advantages to work in our Stewarding department:
- Free Hot Meal per shift
- Non-smoking environment
- Subsidized transportation
- Flexible Schedules
- Not a desk job. Opportunity to mingle with guests and team members
- Career Advancement
- In lieu of the Executive Steward, the Assistant Executive Steward will assume the role of the Executive Steward.
- Ensure that all Health Department policies and procedures are being followed and implemented by all Team Members.
- Responsible for the control of the storeroom orders.
- Ensure all outlets are up to par with OSHA regulations.
- Provide a safe and healthy work environment for all Team Members.
- Report any issues to the Engineering department any issues that need to be taken care of to ensure safety.
- Direct Team Members in the cleaning and maintenance of each kitchen outlet.
- Supervision of the Stewards Department.
- Ensure that all kitchens are up to par with cleanliness and sanitation standards.
- Use cleaning chemicals in accordance to the MDS.
- Ensure that property and departmental policies and procedures are enforced and take proper disciplinary action when required.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, teaching and training.
- Organize the breaks for all Team Members in the stewarding department for proper coverage.
- Ensure that all Team Members are adhering to their schedule and are on time.
- Ensure that Team Members are at their appointed outlet to ensure coverage.
- Consult the Executive Chef for pertinent information regarding daily business and special functions.
- Complete all Team Member evaluations.
- Maintain the appearance, presentation and cleanliness of the kitchens.
- Conduct inspections for restaurant outlets to ensure that departmental sanitation and Health Department Policies and Procedures are being implemented and followed.
- Ensure that the physical and property and equipment are protected, maintained and utilized efficiently and effectively.
- Perform all other duties as assigned, delegated, or directed.
- Serv-Safe certification
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Must be able to work various shifts, holidays and special events.
- Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Lift a minimum of 30 lbs without assistance.
- Aware of departmental and company policies and procedures and implement them.
- Full knowledge of all Health Standards and Regulations
- Full Stratton warren knowledge.
- Excellent rapport with Food and Beverage Team.
- Excellent rapport with the warehouse team
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 2 Weeks PTO at your first-year anniversary of employment
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 1 Free Hot Meal per shift and Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
- 80% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options
- Free Covered Parking
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms and Dry Cleaning Provided Free of Charge for most positions
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit, vacation trips and more!)
- Team Member Hotel, Retail and Spa Discounts
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch, we subsidize your bus transportation up to 80%!
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Resort Spa does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.