Assistant Executive Chef
- Employment Type
Job Title: Assistant Executive Chef
Starting At: $75,000 - $85,000 + $3000 New Hire Incentives + Free Meal + Benefits
Status: Full Time
Other Compensation: *New hire incentives includes up to $1,400 from Monarch and up to $1,600 in “Colorado Jumpstart” unemployed workers incentives for those who are eligible. State payments are within 30 and 60 days. Monarch adds payments 90 through 180 days! Note: State payments go to $1,200 on June 1. Monarch New Hire Incentives and State incentive offers ends on June 26.
Apply today start tomorrow. Refer a friend/family member if you’re both hired, you both will earn an extra $600 in referral bonuses!
Luxury matched only by the sublime beauty of the Colorado Rockies awaits you in our all new Resort! Monarch’s new resort features a Chophouse, 24/7 Café, Buffet, and Specialty Restaurant (coming soon). Experience the heart-pounding gaming action on our newly-expanded casino floor, featuring over 1,200 of the hottest slot machines, 40 table games with unlimited betting, a new poker room and sports betting room coming soon. Our spa features state of the art spa services on top of the 23rd story of our resort along with a roof top pool, saunas, hot tubs, bar and more!
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 2 Weeks PTO within your first year of employment
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- In-State and Out-of-State Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- New Hire Incentives up to $3,000
- Team Member Referral Program (we pay you and your referral up to $600 each)
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms Provided Free of Charge for Most Positions
- 1 Free Hot Meal per Shift
- 80% - 100% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options
- Free Covered Parking
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit and more)
- Hotel and Resort Discounts
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch you can ride the casino bus for only $4-$6 per day!
Implement exemplary Guest service standards throughout the department.
- Assist the Executive Chef.
- Monitor Team Members ensure that they provide excellent guest service.
- Coach, counsel and train Team Member whenever necessary.
- Monitor the operation of all food outlets to ensure compliance with all standards.
- Maintain the appearance, presentation, cleanliness and overall service of the facilities, rooms, entrances, kitchens.
- Implement all Policies and Procedures and Company standards to ensure that quality of service is maintained to the highest level.
- Inform Engineering of any issues and concerns that need to be taken care of to ensure the safety of our Team Members.
- Monitor and review schedules to ensure that there is proper coverage for holidays, events and day to day business levels.
- Address any guest issues or concerns regarding the food and beverage department and the resort facilities.
- Know all food products, preparation styles, and recipes being utilized on property.
- Ensure that preparation and work station cleanliness standards are being met and exceeded.
- Assist in designing, creating and implementing all menus changes, additions or modifications for all outlets.
- Accurately calculate food and plate costs and percentages, as required.
- Conduct inspections for restaurant outlets to ensure that Departmental Sanitation and Health Department policies and procedures are being implemented and followed.
- Lead the back of the house team to identify, evaluate, and develop strategies to enhance revenue, increase profitability, increase guest satisfaction with the department’s services and facilities.
- Direct, manage, evaluate and monitor the performance of the culinary team.
- Assist in operating the Food & Beverage departments in accordance to the department and company policies and procedures.
- Oversee the leadership, evaluation, scheduling and coaching of the performance of the assigned personnel, leadership team and support members.
- Review and approve any evaluations for the back-of-the-house Team Members.
- Provide input on purchasing decisions for all products.
- Assist the Director of Food & Beverage in establishing budget goals and objectives, monitoring financial aspects of the Department and developing effective cost controls for the entire department.
- Ensure that the physical property and equipment are protected, maintained, and utilized efficiently and effectively.
- Assist in implementing operating strategies within the Food & Beverage department.
• Perform all other duties as assigned, delegated or directed
Regular moderate physical effort is required
- Must be able to lift in excess of fifty (50) pounds.
- Excessive walking and standing is required for approximately 80% of the assigned shift.
- Must be able to stand and talk for periods in excess of 4 hours at a time.
- Must be able to frequently walk, sit, and perform functions with each hand and arm.
- Bending, kneeling, stooping, pushing and pulling maybe required throughout shift.
- Moderate use of computer during shift
- Must possess an Associate’s degree or higher from an accredited college, university, culinary school or other institute of higher learning with an emphasis in Food and Beverage Management, Culinary or a related field. A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree is highly preferred.
- Must have attained certification as an Executive Chef from the American Culinary Federation.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of previous experience as an Assistant Executive Chef and have an understanding of all culinary styles.
- Must have a minimum of ten (10) years of additional progressive experience as a Chef, Room Chef or Kitchen Supervisor in a high volume production environment.
- Must possess superb written and oral communication skills in dealing with executives, leaders, distinguished guests, clients, staff, and other department personnel in order to increase business and meet established company goals.
- Must display a professional presence and consistently demonstrate honesty and fairness in dealings with Associates.
- Must possess the ability to mentor and inspire Food and Beverage Associates to provide the highest levels of professionalism and quality service.
- Must demonstrate superb team leadership/development and partnering ability. The candidate must be able to accomplish all assigned duties in a positive manner.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks and to deploy resources effectively.
- Must be Serv-Safe certified or become certifiable within 180 days.
- Must be a creative thinker who can develop new and exciting ways to provide or project value to our guests.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts, nights, weekends and holidays as required.
- Assist in providing a clean, safe and pleasant atmosphere for the Guests to enjoy and the Associates to work in. Ensure that the Guests on property have an enjoyable experience and have a desire to return.
- Inspire all Team Members to provide the highest levels of Guest service.
- Effectively function as a team leader and ensure that the assigned team members work in an effective and efficient manner and promote a team environment. Accomplish all assigned tasks successfully, on-time and within the established budget.
- Provide good decision-making and judgment in handling difficult business situations and opportunities.
- Make informed decisions in the best interest of the company based on experience, precedent, procedures and established policies relating to the products, services and facilities.
- Maintain the overall presentation Food and Beverage facilities and atmosphere and ensure that they are operated, maintained and improved for the continued success of the property into the future.
- Display desired leadership qualities and be able to respond to Associate’s and Guest’s questions and inquiries with knowledgeable answers.
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and show the ability to prioritize work assignments. Demonstrate the ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously and delegate when necessary.
- Protect, monitor and account for all property and equipment assigned to the various outlets and safeguard them against thefts, accidents and damage.
- Contribute to developing new ideas, offerings, menus, specials, promotions and parties that will draw premium guests and would encourage guests to return to the property and its facilities.
- Assist in developing and implementing successful marketing and action plans aimed at increasing the daily restaurant revenues, daily usage rates, Guest satisfaction and business market share in the food and beverage operations.
- Lead, direct and provide proper guidance to the assigned Food and Beverage Team Members.
- Assist in the development of menus and other projects as assigned to the Food and Beverage management team.
- Maintain cross communication with property management to assure a consistent operating philosophy and clear operating plans and that the goals of the property are met and exceeded. Maintain a positive and respectful attitude in all phases of completing the assigned responsibilities and duties.
- Provide timely responses to requests for information and reports regarding the Food and Beverage departments and the operations.
- Develop the talents and skills of the Associates assigned to the back of the house outlets. Success in this area will be measured by guest satisfaction with the department, team member satisfaction with their work place, and the successful advancement of the team members within the department.
- Provide decision-making and good judgment in evaluating business situations and opportunities prior to commitment and services.
- Provide a professional presence and consistently demonstrate honesty and fairness in all dealings with all associates.
- Meet the expectations and requirements as outlined, assigned, delegated or directed by the Director of Food and Beverage or by those assigned above it in the established chain of command that guide and direct them.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.