Assistant Director Hotel Operations
Job Title: Assistant Director of Hotel Operations
Salary: $100,000 +
Status: Full Time
Reports to: Director of Hotel
Other Compensation This position is bonus eligible up to 10% of the annual salary after completion of on year which is determined by the Company in its sole discretion and based on certain Company and personal performance objectives.
There are many great advantages to work in our Hotel:
- Free Hot Meal per shift
- Non-smoking environment
- Subsidized transportation
- Flexible Schedules
- Career Advancement
- Beautiful, modern, fast paced work environment that you can take pride in
- Vibrant brand-NEW hotel!
The Assistant Director of Hotel Operations is responsible for the success and operations of the Hotel Division. Departments include the Front Desk, Bell Desk, Valet, Housekeeping, Public Area, Spa, Retail and additional departments as assigned. with emphasis in the areas of five diamond guest service, talent management and team member relations. The Assistant Director of Hotel Operations, as with all members of the Monarch Casino Resort Spa Team, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner which demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity, and exercises confidentiality in the appropriate areas of his/her performance. The Assistant Director of Hotel Operations shares in the Monarch Casino Resort Spa support of the company’s Vision, Mission, Values, and consistently performs all functions in a fashion that inspires and motivates others to actively pursue them.
The Assistant Director of Hotel Operations must ensure that all departments are providing exceptional guest service while continually seeking opportunities to maximize departmental efficiency and profitability. The Assistant Director of Hotel Operations will be responsible for increasing guest satisfaction, and handling any guest challenges that occur to create repeat customers. This individual will coordinate with all other departments to ensure successful visits for individuals, groups and special events that take place at the Monarch Casino Resort Spa. The Assistant Director of Hotel Operations will continually strive for excellence in all areas of their operation.
Oversee operations throughout all hotel departments including: Front Desk Bell Desk ValetSpaHousekeepingPublic Area
Key Job Duties:
- Oversee daily operations of the hotel and assist wherever needed:Check in/Check out Valet/Bell
- Lead the team to provide four diamond/four-star guest service and maintain exceptional guest satisfaction standards.
- Increase year over year results in budgeting and customer service.
- Handle all guest challenges that arise and turn around guest challenges to exceed expectations, and create repeat clientele.
- Answering phones
- Cleaning of rooms/public area
- Assistance as requested
- Ensure the operations staff, supervisors and management are properly trained to standards and properly equipped to execute day-to-day responsibilities
- Maintains and monitors occupancy data, and assists in maximizing room revenue through revenue/yield management
- Monitors upsell program to increase revenues
- Issues coaching/discipline as necessary to team members
- Issues reviews as needed based on position
- Ensure that All-Star Service Standards are consistently delivered to increase customer satisfaction throughout the property from arrival to departure.
- Maintain complete knowledge of property department policies and service procedures.
- Review and respond to daily operational demands as it relates to the hotel, including guest challenges and responses. Follow-up with department heads to ensure issues are addressed.
- Conduct interviews to hire the top applicants for open positions and has hire/fire authority
- Review and modify department schedules as needed based on business
- Conduct and/or participate in daily stand-ups/pre-shifts as well as departmental meetings to ensure that effective communications consistently disseminate to supervisors and front-line team members.
- Review, research and analyze department expenditures as needed.
- Ensures succession planning for the departments in Hotel Operations.
- Work on implementing new technology and processes to keep the hotel on the forefront of new innovation
- Partnering with department heads, monitor and develop supervisors and team members through couching, counseling, evaluations and delivery of recognition and rewards.
- Special Projects as assigned
Essential Qualifications & Abilities:Strong leadership and interpersonal skills required. Ability to multitask and manage multiple departments at once. Must be organized, detail oriented, and able to prioritize multiple projects at once. Excellent communication skills required equally for oral, written and visual presentations. Analytical skills to include budget and financial document preparation. Ability to communicate effectively with both team members and guests for successful operations.
Education:Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred. (Business or Hospitality concentration)
Experience in a four/five diamond property preferred Experience in a large volume (Over 500 rooms) preferredExperience in a resort, gaming property preferred Be able to obtain a Colorado Gaming License Be knowledgeable of property management systems, ordering systems etc..
Systems:Microsoft Office Suite
Preferred: Time and Attendance (WFM)Stratton Warren (Purchasing) DelphiSpaSoft
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with ethical integrity; Upholds organizational values; Maintains confidentialities.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Inspires respect and trust; Accepts feedback from others; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates; Gives appropriate recognition to others; Displays passion and optimism; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Maintains reason and objectivity, even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 2 Weeks PTO at your first-year anniversary of employment
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 1 Free Hot Meal per shift and Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
- 80% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options
- Free Covered Parking
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms and Dry Cleaning Provided Free of Charge for most positions
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit, vacation trips and more!)
- Team Member Hotel, Retail and Spa Discounts
Save your gas and mileage on your car! Check out these convenient casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch, we subsidize your bus transportation up to 80%!
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Resort Spa does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.